robmid

StereoCoffee LDR Passive Preamp Upgrade Preview

robmid   
12 hours ago, Full Range said:

I think I will give a coffeeLDR a go 

But will need a unit with more inputs and output 

I assume that I need to make contact to ask for any changes ?

I believe Chris can add as many input/outputs as you need. He is also working on remote control.

Send him an email. By the way I am just a happy customer but keep in touch with Chris to give him feedback so he knows how the SC performs on different systems.

I think I will give a coffeeLDR a go 
But will need a unit with more inputs and output 

I assume that I need to make contact to ask for any changes ?

Hi, I ordered 6 inputs and 2 outputs with the remote control board. Chris is genuine gentleman and he responds to queries within no time. He even help me to reduce cost on power supplies. Cheers, Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just using the budget MX Shure with a Project preamp. Wait till you hear it. The original SC was really good but the latest one will make you wonder how the performance it possible. 
I am sitting hear right now listening to Spotify Premium and perhaps it's fractionally less detailed then audio files or CD's I find my jaw dropping in disbelief every time I press play. Hence, I tend to stay up too late frequently now.
My perception of 'low cost' sound has been shattered and I now realise that less components in the signal chain can and does give more accurate reproduction with quality speakers.

Hi Rob,
Yes if you can reduce number of components in the signal path that is the best. You could hear exact recorded material. Only draw back if your source (recorded material) is bad then you have to put up with it. No artificial sound.

I use SET 1.5 amp-pure class A and much better than push pull. Driving single 110db drivers in a horn loaded cabinet- no cross overs.

Only limitation is it goes down only up to 45hz, but clean bass. Sometimes I use my sub for extra kick, but without that it is much better.

Now it's awaiting time. I am sure I will have late nights when I get my unit.
Cheers,
Tom

robmid   
22 hours ago, singleendedamp said:

Hi Rob,
Yes if you can reduce number of components in the signal path that is the best. You could hear exact recorded material. Only draw back if your source (recorded material) is bad then you have to put up with it. No artificial sound.

I use SET 1.5 amp-pure class A and much better than push pull. Driving single 110db drivers in a horn loaded cabinet- no cross overs.

Only limitation is it goes down only up to 45hz, but clean bass. Sometimes I use my sub for extra kick, but without that it is much better.

Now it's awaiting time. I am sure I will have late nights when I get my unit.
Cheers,
Tom

If you are like me you will go through your favourite tracks like a kid a lolly shop and it's likely you won't even recognise half the tracks because of what you have been missing. Bass is tight, accurate and very dynamic with the new SC. You will notice badly recorded material but because of the 3d soundstage you will get to appreciate what the engineer is trying to convey.