Partitioning question

Greetings,

Since my Imac HD died some time back I have been using an external USB 3 drive as the main drive with two partitions. One at 360GB for the OS and a second drive (1.64TB) as storage. I now find the OS drive is getting full and wondered if there is any way of resizing without losing the data from either partition. The details as below...when I do try to resize within Disk Utility, I can resize the larger Logic Backup section, but this just creates a third partition which is not what I want...unless there is a way of copying the OS partition over to this newly created partition without loss of data?

Would appreciate any of you Mac savvy peeps to lend a voice here...

PS the handles in the pic below when moved automatically create the third partition...

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 9.54.10 am.png

Edited by rotur

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=increase+size+of+OS+partition&spf=1495964506794

But in all seriousness you should just run the OS off a SSD internally and use the other drive, or another large HDD internally for storage.

80GB is usually more than enough for an OS and a ton of other programs but SSD's are pretty cheap nowadays.

Try using CCleaner to free up space perhaps.

Thanks for that ...late 2012 Imac makes for a tricky removal and replacement of drives and I cant afford to have it done professionally...$450 minimum and as high as $650...will try CCleaner and see how that goes

The system and all basic software on my MacMini (used as a music server) tops out at 89 Gig, the Air tops out at 120 Gig (including 24 Gig of books).

I'm sure lots could be offload onto the storage partition. I have used "alias" links for that purpose.

Greg