HiFi Show Marketing

• Administrator

In the lead up to our 2nd show, we're embarking on a rather large billboard advertising campaign around Melbourne.

We'll be doing a short run soon - end June to Mid July, and then another much larger campaign in the lead up around October/November.

This is a chance to introduce a new audience to HiFi. A chance to get people into music, high fidelity sound and the associated crossover audiences and tech that is becoming our industry / hobby.

I thought I would throw it out there to our community for a good angle, ideas, designs - basically anything you can think of that is thinking a little outside the square and will capture people's interest.

All ideas, good, clever or stupid, will be considered :)

I am not into head fi but maybe a glancing blow at mass market headphones suggesting a more classier approach?

Nostalgia is always a winner, reclaim that awesome big hi fi you had in the 70-s and 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A good one for the empty nesters.

Many external speaker suppliers? BBQ areas etc are trendy at the moment.

That might 'get them in' and the awesome sounds should do the rest. ;)

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

head-fi and turntables :D some marketing that combines... i have a cousin who is buying records and doesnt even have a turntable ! thats how much the upcoming generation are into this.

Other one is the huge draw cards something like the 4k, 3D audio and 100k av/2ch combined system system was I noticed at the show- something you had to book to experience. these are headline acts and will draw am sure . Everyone wants to check out the cutting edge the latest and greatest ! :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Hipster with beard:

"I don't need to pretend anymore that my vinyls sound awesome"

Just reply 'make me a coffee, B#%ch' haha.

Then maybe run.

Cycling magazines, cyclingtips.com.au website (contra deal?). Maybe even a Banner at the Mordiallic rest point at the end of beach road. Thousands of cyclists go through there every weekend. Top of the 1/20 could also be an option.

Most cyclist MAMILS are cashed up "quality first" buyers who will pay for boutique brands. No surprise that we have plenty of cyclist on the site already. I could see ad imagery of our "my system this morning" thread with a bling road bike in shot and photographer wearing knicks and road cycling shoes.

Does the Hotel have bike parking facilities?

Edited by blybo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Hipster with beard:

"I don't need to pretend anymore that my vinyls sound awesome"

Do they play their vinyls  through their gears?:)

• Like 1

I'm thinking of the market with those who are building new homes, especially out your way and mine.

The homemaker show is in August this year, what about linking in with that market?

3 hours ago, :) al said:

Other one is the huge draw cards something like the 4k, 3D audio and 100k av/2ch combined system system was I noticed at the show- something you had to book to experience. these are headline acts and will draw am sure . Everyone wants to check out the cutting edge the latest and greatest ! :)

Yes, true.  Maybe targetting cinema goers one way or another through advertising on tickets/pre-movies??!

Edited by Kaynin

5 hours ago, Darren69 said:

I am not into head fi but maybe a glancing blow at mass market headphones...

I did some work in the city for 6 months last year and caught the train.  Couldn't belive the amount of headfiers.  Also couldn't believe the amount of advertising space now sold inside the carriages.  Moving bill boards really...

@Marc

One for the stupid idea category.

Perhaps get a Bugatti at the show, I believe they use Burmester. 

If not a Bugatti perhaps a lowly AMG Merecedes. (as a door prize)

Seriously, maybe a few flyers at relevant dealerships or advertisements in the manufacturers magazines, perhaps motoring club news letters ?

Edited by 322

Guest thathifiguy

This is probably going to get some backlash, but perhaps some focus on the very entry level as well as esoteric and everything in between.

There are some very nice active speakers popping up and some nice Bluetooth speakers starting to creep in too. Just heard the new Cambridge Yoyo stuff again today and it's actually pretty good. Dali Katch, Kef Muo etc.

It's like a loss leader, have them there to bring people in, if even one in ten it draws in ends up leaning towards something better, then it's one more than it was and mission accomplished!

Edited by thathifiguy

Smashed Avo? Nar.

Ned Kelly beard and a top knot? Nar.

Chapel St gin chaser with IPA? Nar.

Nerd with the best F.U. sound system ever?  FaR.k yeah!!!

SNA....Aus International HiFi Show...where?   Where else but the Mercure Albert Park.

Three days to find it,
 Three days to learn,

Three days to bring it all
And in the Light to bind them.    

Welcome to the Club.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eggmeister said:

@Marc

One for the stupid idea category.

Perhaps get a Bugatti at the show, I believe they use Burmester. 

If not a Bugatti perhaps a lowly AMG Merecedes. (as a door prize)

Seriously, maybe a few flyers at relevant dealerships or advertisements in the manufacturers magazines, perhaps motoring club news letters ?

If a Bugatti or a Merc is not available, I can loan my medium mileage Mazda with a rice pudding stain on the console ( the tummy wants what the tummy needs) for a modest fee. It has a Bose sound system with the woofer wrapped around the fake spare tyre. Respect.

Billy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luc said:

Smashed Avo? Nar.

Ned Kelly beard and a top knot? Nar.

Chapel St gin chaser with IPA? Nar.

Nerd with the best F.U. sound system ever?  FaR.k yeah!!!

SNA....Aus International HiFi Show...where?   Where else but the Mercure Albert Park.

Three days to find it,
 Three days to learn,

Three days to bring it all
And in the Light to bind them.    

Welcome to the Club.

@deanB between this post and my bi wire jumpers thread, the effects of Coopers are becoming very clear.

• Like 2

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

What about advertising on some of the music services like Pandora?

Great idea, we're currently dealing with an agency for a proposal for this (and other platforms) :thumb:

• Like 1

Guest deanB
2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

@deanB between this post and my bi wire jumpers thread, the effects of Coopers are becoming very clear.

Well, I did a controlled test with the aforementioned black nectar. At the first 750ml mark I recorded a 6.3%* improvement in Sound Quality. At the 1.5l mark, SQ had improved 12.6%. From this point result taking  became less scientific although someone did note as the evening progressed I appeared to be attempting the more difficult double blind testing method. Sadly, data from this portion of testing is either illegible, unrepeatable or both.

*Interestingly, 6.3% coincides with the alcohol percentage of Coopers Best Extra.

Marc, Definitely target headphone users. Change the name to Head&Hi-Fi Show. Lol. 

Great spin off to expose these consumers to some tasty sounding systems.

Poof, I took my 20 year old son to the show with a view to choosing some better quality head phones from the large range on display.

He took home a pair of hi end bookshelf as a prize offered by a exhibitor.

His comment after we set them up, "Why would anyone listen to "any" headphones when you got these."