Rega amp choice

Hi,

i have a rega planar 3 with bronze (at least I think it's bronze and not red) cart hooked up to a Rega Fono pre amp and a pair of s30 Cambridge Audio speakers. Really old kenwood amp

i want to know an upgrade path

really weird question. Would getting a dedicated amp be an upgrade? And if so what one?

Not sure what you mean by 'dedicated amp'.

Do you mean a Rega amp? If so, there's really no good reason to get a Rega amp unless you like them. The Rega Brio R is pretty good.

If you can tell us your budget im sure someone will have suggestions for a decent amp. 

Sorry more info. I bought the fono on the advise it'd be a step up on most integrated fono stages. I was tossing up between the Slee Gram Amp 2

want to keep the cost down. Under the 1k (and probably second hand because of that?)

And sorry by dedicated amp I meant something to plug the pre amp into? What's the best option there? Because it doesn't need to be something with a fono stage in it 

Agree about the speakers. 

I would split the $1k - if that's all you want to spend : Speakers $500 & amp $500.

you'll get a way better result than what you have from the classifieds for this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you buy a Brio the inbuilt phono stage is similar spec to your fono mini....so you could sell that. Seen a few Brio's on here for around $500. then the remainder could be used for speakers.

There is an Osiris for sale in the commercial classifieds....think they want $7000 for it, so may not be suitable at this stage.

Hope this helps