WITHDRAWN Power amp Krell KSA100S

Item: Krell KSA100S power amp 100wpc
Price:
Negotiable.
Item Condition: Used 8/10
Reason for selling: Surplus. Need to make room for new amp. Trying digital
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, direct bank deposit, COD Only
Extra Info: Becoming rare - a vintage Krell power amp. I am second owner. Bought the amp to run Infinity Kappa 9 speakers which was a great musical match. 

Couple of minor scuffs on top plate and small dent on right front handle.

The amp has just been serviced and checked by Liquid Audio who gave it a clean bill of health and in good order.

In interests of full disclosure I was told by the tech  the amp has been previously repaired but in the entire time I have owned it has not missed a beat. It was news to me.

it has no fan and with plateau bias design runs remarkably cool for this type of amp. Warm yes. But hot. No.

This amp will run any speaker load with ease with stable control with loads less than 2 Ohm. I understand it was designed to power Apogee ribbon speakers so Maggies and ML should be handled readily.

Have another amp and speakers now which has better synergy with other gear in my system.

Uses spade binding posts and I have added after market banana plug adapters for 1 of the 2 pairs of speaker posts. XLR and RCA input.

The amp is a heavy beast - 43kg (95lbs) so local pick up preferred at this time. I suspect freight will be a lot of $. No box anymore but has owner manual.

Check the site for current US process for used amps and RRP plus year of manufacture.  It still rates pretty well. http://softwaredotfree.altervista.org/hi-fi-20-years-power/

20160725_115722.thumb.jpg.498ea9b950ff6ac1467ea8d69863d3ce.jpg

Pictures:

20160725_115651.thumb.jpg.217bc1abca8f018801b377c173ad61c1.jpg20160511_162005.thumb.jpg.78bf00d92a4a56e929c53cf7faf014aa.jpg

Edited by jakestar
Withdrawn from sale
  • Like 3

Couple of additional photos found on the Net representing internal and rear view of my amp.  Note: These are not of my amp but represent what is in my amp. I added because there appear to be many variations -One large torroidal transformer with 2 caps plus circuit boards.Enjoy.

Krell internal 1.jpg

Krell Rear.jpg

Thanks for the comment Ghostman. Very true. I have never read that a krell amp loses the plot with replaying music regardless of speaker.

Besides the control it will not disappoint with the neutral sound which allows speakers to sound at their best without adding further colouration.

I see there have been loads of views so obviously heaps of interest.

I did nominate an EOI price because it is a unique amp for which there is little previous sales evidence. SNA'ers will determine its value so I will certainly consider all reasonable offers. I  have owned for 18-20 years and last 10 or so had little use. I do not play loud but i do want to hear what is at the source cleanly and accurately.

If not sold it will go to a dealer who will mark up accordingly so i guess this is a ground floor opportunity.