Bit of advice on getting signal to amp.

How many Hi Res albums have you heard?

I've heard many back to back demos and the hi res has either been played louder (to sound better) or I couldn't tell. Not claiming golden ears though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, blybo said:

I've heard many back to back demos and the hi res has either been played louder (to sound better) or I couldn't tell.

Ok you have heard demos ???? And you are giving advice to people not to bother with Hi Res based on that! Is it just me or do others struggle with these sorts of comments. I encourage you just to listen to the latest hi res version of Fleetwood Mac Tango in the Night, if that is not a remarkable improvement over the standard then I give up.

I've also downloaded files and have SACDs which I played thru my old Oppo. Still not convinced hi res does anything. New mastering or remastering may though

YRMV.........

Yup. I still say hunt out good recordings rather than dsd, MQA or high res ones, just because something is hi Res has so little to do with the SQ as compared with mastering as to not bother with it IMO.

Confirmation bias is at play here too, not just with cables etc

Goodaye all

l listen to a lot of 60's through to 80's, some l have had on vinyl,cassette and CD, prefer to listen to a high quility digital version.

Sometimes there crap, poor recording or mastering, some l can no longer listen too.

l have 2 different music folders, MP3 for the car and my Walkmen, Flac and Wav in another folder which l call high quility which l play through my systems through the network.

But when l do find the perfect sound for me. :love

regards Bruce

One of my favorite albums.

Ran speaker wires 10m today, sounds crap, same speakers 3m cable sounds awesome.

Plan XX  amp goes into the family room with the heathens and l get a signal there ???

l have a Filo flac palyer coming for the cars so it could be a short term answer.

regards Bruce