Jump to content

Zen Mister

A New Low in Collecting.

Recommended Posts

Luc   

@metal beat  Searching for a suitable bit of thin cardboard as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metal beat said:

If you have a real interest in the hobby then you would scan and share freely. :P

 

There are people who do this, as bizarre as it sounds, myself included. I must be some kind of weirdo, but some of us ain't innit for the dough, y'know? :hiccup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tony M   

I love collecting audio-related ephemera - it's nice to have all relevant info about the items you enjoy owning and using.  Sometimes I get offered stuff that pertains to gear I have or desire by niceguys like Mondie and Gee Emm.  Other times I buy it from people who make a buck out of cannibalizing old mags and selling the interesting ads etc on ebay.

 

Of course I'm grateful to the former, but also the latter.  I don't think it's a multi-million dollar enterprise to acquire the mags, spot the ads that might be interesting to someone and to go through the hassle of advertising and selling them on the net.

 

Anyway, I certainly don't begrudge the measly few dollars profit they might make.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave O))) said:

 

There are people who do this, as bizarre as it sounds, myself included. I must be some kind of weirdo, but some of us ain't innit for the dough, y'know? :hiccup

 

Hey Dave.

 

I think you are onto something.  copying useless items and offering them for free all over the internet -  here is my first offering.

 

The Electric Light Orchestra cardboard Spaceship that you can build.  Good luck doing it from my two photo's as i have always been too chicken - but I have added a photo of the finished product - kindly donated for nothing from google images :party

 

btw - who has built the cardboard spaceship from their Out of the Blue album?  :D

 

34612405002_6b33d09643_b.jpg

 

34389357930_6f6ace11c4_b.jpg

 

 

Electric Light Orchestra's "Out Of The Blue" with spaceship! Just spent 15 minutes assembling this and think it's one of the coolest things I've seen with a record.

Edited by metal beat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hey Dave.
 
I think you are onto something.  copying useless items and offering them for free all over the internet -  here is my first offering.
 
The Electric Light Orchestra cardboard Spaceship that you can build.  Good luck doing it from my two photo's as i have always been too chicken - but I have added a photo of the finished product - kindly donated for nothing from google images :party
 
btw - who has built the cardboard spaceship from their Out of the Blue album?  
 
34612405002_6b33d09643_b.jpg
 
34389357930_6f6ace11c4_b.jpg
 
 
u1aGCOj.jpg

Awesome, thats the spirit! LoL my kids would love to build that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luc   

You know those stickers they put on the sealed plastic surrounding your albums, I keep them. Why? Dunno, but some have little reviews on them and some have artwork and nearly all of them don't appear on the actual album.

They clutter my desk and accumulate  in little piles in corners like errant dandruff and I eventually crack  and turf them all out and then I'm wracked with remorse and start collecting them again and carefully try to peel them off without tearing the plastic...never works of course but I keep trying and collecting and it's like doing laps of an oval and eventually you stop...

 

 

...and then start again.

 

Some of us are just a bit more cracked than others but...we're all cracked make no mistake!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Luc, you need to start a collection of black shiny cardboard with Bob Seger' name printed on it. I think I know where you can find your first collectable piece. But hurry, it's only $40.

Billy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luc   
49 minutes ago, Zen Mister said:

@Luc, you need to start a collection of black shiny cardboard with Bob Seger' name printed on it. I think I know where you can find your first collectable piece. But hurry, it's only $40.

Billy.

 

...and we know who to sell it to too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hergest   
12 hours ago, metal beat said:

 

Hey Dave.

 

I think you are onto something.  copying useless items and offering them for free all over the internet -  here is my first offering.

 

The Electric Light Orchestra cardboard Spaceship that you can build.  Good luck doing it from my two photo's as i have always been too chicken - but I have added a photo of the finished product - kindly donated for nothing from google images :party

 

btw - who has built the cardboard spaceship from their Out of the Blue album?  :D

 

34612405002_6b33d09643_b.jpg

 

34389357930_6f6ace11c4_b.jpg

 

 

Electric Light Orchestra's "Out Of The Blue" with spaceship! Just spent 15 minutes assembling this and think it's one of the coolest things I've seen with a record.

 

I built mine. I remember sometime in the late 70s my mates and I hanging it on the washing line and setting it ablaze.:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaawwww, Jeff Lynne in flames on a clothes line, just as nature intended.

Good times!

Billy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bob_m_54   
On 21/05/2017 at 9:28 AM, Luc said:

You know those stickers they put on the sealed plastic surrounding your albums, I keep them. Why? Dunno, but some have little reviews on them and some have artwork and nearly all of them don't appear on the actual album.

They clutter my desk and accumulate  in little piles in corners like errant dandruff and I eventually crack  and turf them all out and then I'm wracked with remorse and start collecting them again and carefully try to peel them off without tearing the plastic...never works of course but I keep trying and collecting and it's like doing laps of an oval and eventually you stop...

 

 

...and then start again.

 

Some of us are just a bit more cracked than others but...we're all cracked make no mistake!.

My Mrs does the same with stickers off her fruit.... The flamin things end up stuck over anything handy at the time.. One of my pet hates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×