Zen Mister

A New Low in Collecting.

Luc   

@metal beat  Searching for a suitable bit of thin cardboard as we speak.

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

If you have a real interest in the hobby then you would scan and share freely. :P

There are people who do this, as bizarre as it sounds, myself included. I must be some kind of weirdo, but some of us ain't innit for the dough, y'know? :hiccup

Tony M   

I love collecting audio-related ephemera - it's nice to have all relevant info about the items you enjoy owning and using.  Sometimes I get offered stuff that pertains to gear I have or desire by niceguys like Mondie and Gee Emm.  Other times I buy it from people who make a buck out of cannibalizing old mags and selling the interesting ads etc on ebay.

Of course I'm grateful to the former, but also the latter.  I don't think it's a multi-million dollar enterprise to acquire the mags, spot the ads that might be interesting to someone and to go through the hassle of advertising and selling them on the net.

Anyway, I certainly don't begrudge the measly few dollars profit they might make.:)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave O))) said:

There are people who do this, as bizarre as it sounds, myself included. I must be some kind of weirdo, but some of us ain't innit for the dough, y'know? :hiccup

Hey Dave.

I think you are onto something.  copying useless items and offering them for free all over the internet -  here is my first offering.

The Electric Light Orchestra cardboard Spaceship that you can build.  Good luck doing it from my two photo's as i have always been too chicken - but I have added a photo of the finished product - kindly donated for nothing from google images :party

btw - who has built the cardboard spaceship from their Out of the Blue album?  :D

34612405002_6b33d09643_b.jpg

34389357930_6f6ace11c4_b.jpg

Electric Light Orchestra's "Out Of The Blue" with spaceship! Just spent 15 minutes assembling this and think it's one of the coolest things I've seen with a record.

Edited by metal beat

Hey Dave.

I think you are onto something.  copying useless items and offering them for free all over the internet -  here is my first offering.

The Electric Light Orchestra cardboard Spaceship that you can build.  Good luck doing it from my two photo's as i have always been too chicken - but I have added a photo of the finished product - kindly donated for nothing from google images :party

btw - who has built the cardboard spaceship from their Out of the Blue album?  

u1aGCOj.jpg

Awesome, thats the spirit! LoL my kids would love to build that!

Luc   

You know those stickers they put on the sealed plastic surrounding your albums, I keep them. Why? Dunno, but some have little reviews on them and some have artwork and nearly all of them don't appear on the actual album.

They clutter my desk and accumulate  in little piles in corners like errant dandruff and I eventually crack  and turf them all out and then I'm wracked with remorse and start collecting them again and carefully try to peel them off without tearing the plastic...never works of course but I keep trying and collecting and it's like doing laps of an oval and eventually you stop...

...and then start again.

Some of us are just a bit more cracked than others but...we're all cracked make no mistake!.

@Luc, you need to start a collection of black shiny cardboard with Bob Seger' name printed on it. I think I know where you can find your first collectable piece. But hurry, it's only $40.

Billy.

Luc   
49 minutes ago, Zen Mister said:

@Luc, you need to start a collection of black shiny cardboard with Bob Seger' name printed on it. I think I know where you can find your first collectable piece. But hurry, it's only $40.

Billy.

...and we know who to sell it to too.

Hergest   
12 hours ago, metal beat said:

Hey Dave.

btw - who has built the cardboard spaceship from their Out of the Blue album?  :D

Electric Light Orchestra's "Out Of The Blue" with spaceship! Just spent 15 minutes assembling this and think it's one of the coolest things I've seen with a record.

I built mine. I remember sometime in the late 70s my mates and I hanging it on the washing line and setting it ablaze.:unsure:

Aaawwww, Jeff Lynne in flames on a clothes line, just as nature intended.

Good times!

Billy.

bob_m_54   
On 21/05/2017 at 9:28 AM, Luc said:

You know those stickers they put on the sealed plastic surrounding your albums, I keep them. Why? Dunno, but some have little reviews on them and some have artwork and nearly all of them don't appear on the actual album.

They clutter my desk and accumulate  in little piles in corners like errant dandruff and I eventually crack  and turf them all out and then I'm wracked with remorse and start collecting them again and carefully try to peel them off without tearing the plastic...never works of course but I keep trying and collecting and it's like doing laps of an oval and eventually you stop...

...and then start again.

Some of us are just a bit more cracked than others but...we're all cracked make no mistake!.

My Mrs does the same with stickers off her fruit.... The flamin things end up stuck over anything handy at the time.. One of my pet hates.