Billiam56

Saying Hello And Asking a Question...

8 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and just saying "hi". I confess my motives are self serving for joining. I love picking up tidbits of knowledge wherever I can find them, and lets face it - who doesn't like finding a new source for buying gear?

This is my segue for asking how many posts are you required to have before you can send a private message? I found something in the classifieds that I'd like to inquire about, but I cant contact the seller thru PM or even by posting in the ad...

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the SNA billiam. 

The number is a closely guarded secret. Once you are deemed to be a) human and b) not a scammer, you may post to your heart's content. 

Good luck 

4 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Welcome to the SNA billiam. 

The number is a closely guarded secret. Once you are deemed to be a) human and b) not a scammer, you may post to your heart's content. 

Good luck 

Hmmmm..... is it..... 53 ?? :confused:

Sir Sanders & Marty, thank you for the greeting!

1 person likes this

Greetings Bill, hope you enjoy your stay here and you'll have fun using the buying power of the US dollar!

As for when you get to PM folks or buy gear, never fear, you'll get there eventually. I was recently allowed to do exactly that after a few posts.

Hopefully you'll not need 7 thousand but hey...hang in there!:D

2 people like this

Thanks for the encouragement Lee. The buying power is nice, but it is somewhat offset by the additional shipping cost and the wondering of  "Is this ever going to get out of customs"?

I totally understand the need for having to have X number of post, because you'll always have someone try to abuse it...

1 person likes this