Gambit 1870

Focal Arias

30 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, PositivelyMusicallyGeared said:

I've read somewhere that John Curl liked to match his amps with Paradigm speakers, which are very different from Focal. So another option is to change your amps. 

Yeah I've watched a vids with him talking about the JC1 and JC2 gear in it he uses paradigms.

If I changed my amps I'd still need speakers and unfortunately that would become a very expensive exercise....that sort of coin would also get me into really nice speaker territory! 

3 minutes ago, Jventer said:

I have Osborn speakers - they are based on Focal drivers - so I am biased. Osborn speakers are good value for money. I know Darren69 1038 speakers well. When he finally had the right stuff feeding it he almost did not need his subs.

IMO - please consider Mike Lenehan's speakers too. He is in the Gold Coast. You should be able to pick up ML2 R or the MLT in your price range - used.

BUT

as other's have said - you have to listen to them preferably with your equipment.

Buy used- lot better value for money.

Most importantly - buy what you like and enjoy.

I used my gear with the 936's and was really impressed with the bottom end, I run a pair of 10" ascension (SB acoustics drivers) subs as well...first thing I thought is wow, I might not need my subs....

But you are right as painful as it is lugging my gear around it needs to be done

1 person likes this

I love Focal, especially Aria 936.

1 person likes this

I love my Focal Arias. I won't be parting with mine anytime soon. Although I am very tempted to add to mine with @Darren69 's. 

A demo pair I think just went for sale in NSW for around $8500. May have been a lesser model now I think of it.. 

Edited by Jakeyb77
2 people like this

I am also a massive fan of the Aria's. I have had many speakers in the past ( Paradigm S6 Signatures, B&W CM10S2, Paradigm Studio 100's, Triangle Colours, Richter PM series etc) and the Aria's I have now have been the only floorstanders that I have enjoyed listening to in Pure Direct mode. Brilliant speakers!

2 people like this