Hi folks stupidly i dropped the arm rest down on a record  nick caves to blame!  Anyway upon tryin to play the record today its just makin a muffled sound and dragging . Cant really see the needle.  Itl be the second needle its happened to in a few months since i got it . Its a rega rp1 p pack with the usual needle . Could i fix myself or shell out£70 again !    Or just say lets spend more on a dearer turntable  .   Fed up , ,,,

Hi

With Wimbo, if you have to purchase a complete cartridge as you cannot replace the stylus, look to purchase a new cartridge that you can buy a replacement stylus, will cost less if this occurs again....

JJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi

With Wimbo, if you have to purchase a complete cartridge as you cannot replace the stylus, look to purchase a new cartridge that you can buy a replacement stylus, will cost less if this occurs again....

JJ

Something like an AT95E. Just need to check VTA.

Cheers everyone. Just annoying that a stylus tip can come off easily like that ,only got a new one bout 4 month ago . Only had the ttable bout a year and had to get a noisy motor sorted too lol.  . Would it make a difference if i upgraded to a rega rp3 ? 

Cheers everyone. Just annoying that a stylus tip can come off easily like that ,only got a new one bout 4 month ago . Only had the ttable bout a year and had to get a noisy motor sorted too lol.  . Would it make a difference if i upgraded to a rega rp3 ? 

I think it will be same-same if you drop
It - with both tables it's dependent on what cartridge you use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI

Well if there is no diamond point you will ruin any record you try to play with it in its current condition.

Here is a possibility to purchase for £30 http://www.analogueseduction.net/all-cartridges/audio-technica-at95-ebl-moving-magnet-cartridge.html

and replacement for £20 http://www.analogueseduction.net/audio-technica-stylus-replacements/audio-technica-atn95e-stylus-replacement.html

Good luck....

JJ

22 hours ago, Speedycat69 said:

The RP3 is way ahead of the RP1 in quality. Has nothing to do with a better stylus though bro. Also, remember that styli are very delicate. They have to be to be able to track vinyl.

Get a vintage automatic single player TT.  You can either get direct drive (with 2 motors or even belt drive ones are great.  250-300 bucks should see you well.  Otherwise if you are getting a fully manual one make sure it has a soft (damped) lowering device for the arm.  I know losing stylii can be really annoying.  My TT is manual but the lowering device can be fiddly sometimes.  I am thinking of replacing it with an '80s model dual direct drive technics TT.  (Just 'cause I like techincis gear). 

Rega dealer sent my cartridge back to rega it is still under guarantee.  But,,, told me rega says the needle was a bit bent  and there is £45 fee involved. When i was in the shop was told a cpl had probs with there tip falling off ( what happened to mine too) . The cart mayb is a bit bent as i was trying to see if the tip was still there.  Thats the third rega tip ive had to pay for in just over a year   . Getting too expensive my hobby lol