High end integrated amps

3 hours ago, Toyboyo said:

@ex brickie  well I got a Vitus RI 100 and have been absolutely loving every second - came down to a few eg Modwright etc but the Vitus really did it for me - had it for two months and it just gets better every day

Highly recommended - not sure about the bzr comment above ????  - not had any scratch and sniff anywhere except where our two dogs have been -LOLZ

ask @audiome

Perhaps if you were aware of the gear I've been through you'd understand.

2 hours ago, georgehifi said:

Parasound Halo Integrated it's the Swiss Army Knife of integrateds, very powerfull, it has everything high biased class-A, even a dac, phono stage even MC, remote ect ect. And designed by John Curl, up there with Nelson Pass.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/parasound-halo-integrated-integrated-amplifier

Cheers George

parasound_halo_02.jpg?itok=opyNI44A&time

A great amp, definitely. 

However I'd take a Classe Sigma 2200i instead.  My personal pick of everything I've heard to date.  (with the possible exception of a Sansui or two)

Edited by Cafad
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Toyboyo said:

@ex brickie  well I got a Vitus RI 100 and have been absolutely loving every second - came down to a few eg Modwright etc but the Vitus really did it for me - had it for two months and it just gets better every day

Highly recommended - not sure about the bzr comment above ????  - not had any scratch and sniff anywhere except where our two dogs have been -LOLZ

ask @audiome

I have to second this opinion.

I've had my RI 100 for 3 years and love it.

I don't know what speakers bzr has but with my Magico S5s there is certainly no lack of dynamics. Bass is beautifully controlled and sound levels can get seriously HUGE. This amp matches my Magicos wonderfully with no hint of listening fatigue.

Synergy is the key of course.

If you want to keep the budget in check and want all in one I reckon the musical fidelity m6 encore 225 or the ATC saicd units represent great value at about the 6-7k mark.

But if you want endgame, just get the TB Int. It's a sleeper for sure. [emoji7]

c63751bf03124761d9fffbcb4c702a8a.jpeg

e9410b654f693558273f02452b0a6aa6.jpeg

39e93a3d4538fd6a8a5f0de793250841.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob JC said:

I currently own darTZeel Cth-8550 and Technical brain integrated.
Previous to that was devialet 200 and gryphon Diablo.
The TB and dartZ are in a different league to gryphon Diablo (original version) and the devialet.

If you want to get a Integrated that is of the highest quality I would recommend
Analog Domain Isis, CH i1, TB, Absolare, dartZ.
I wouldn't recommend the vitus as there is a new version being released.

Above mentioned integrated are really good I believe. Who can say no to dartzeel and absolare?! The price of those u mentioned are at serious price range! 

R u saying vitus is replacing ri100? 

Edited by audiome

1 minute ago, audiome said:

Above mentioned integrated are really good I believe. Who can say no to dartzeel and absolare?! The price of those u mentioned are at serious price range!

Yeh they are all great in their own ways.

darTZeel is just so musical and has the best midrange iv'e heard. Wonderful with Jazz, Vocals etc

TB is neutral, powerful enough to drive tough loads and brings music to life with supreme speed and transparency.

The specs are misleading :)

Just now, Rob JC said:

Yeh they are all great in their own ways.

darTZeel is just so musical and has the best midrange iv'e heard. Wonderful with Jazz, Vocals etc

TB is neutral, powerful enough to drive tough loads and brings music to life with supreme speed and transparency.

The specs are misleading :)

I have not heard tb but dartzeel is a great looking unit with great sound too. 

It all also down to your budget 

48 minutes ago, Rob JC said:

If you want to keep the budget in check and want all in one I reckon the musical fidelity m6 encore 225 or the ATC saicd units represent great value at about the 6-7k mark.

But if you want endgame, just get the TB Int. It's a sleeper for sure. emoji7.png

c63751bf03124761d9fffbcb4c702a8a.jpeg

e9410b654f693558273f02452b0a6aa6.jpeg

39e93a3d4538fd6a8a5f0de793250841.jpeg

Is that the TB u reckon is good? What speakers have u hook them up to? 

IMG_9064.JPG

The TB Int is a stunning amp. Drives my TAD R1 with great control.

I also used it on Wilson Benesch Act 1 Evo and it took the speakers to a level I had never experienced before.

R u saying vitus is replacing ri100? 

I heard they are releasing a new signature series integrated

16 minutes ago, Rob JC said:

I heard they are releasing a new signature series integrated

They might as sia025 been out for awhile and I still think sia025 is really hard to beat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob JC said:

The TB Int is a stunning amp. Drives my TAD R1 with great control.

I also used it on Wilson Benesch Act 1 Evo and it took the speakers to a level I had never experienced before.

I have never heard TAD but heard a lot comments about them. How do they compare to WB act evo? Have u heard magico s5mk2 before choosing tad r1? 

I have never heard TAD but heard a lot comments about them. How do they compare to WB act evo? Have u heard magico s5mk2 before choosing tad r1? 

Both excellent.

WB is easier to drive and a wonderful speaker that disappears completely. Not full range like the R1 obviously.

The TAD R1 is the last speaker I will buy [emoji4]

Magico aren't for me. When spending big $$ I don't care for the constant upgrade cycle that some high end companies are peddling

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cafad said:

A great amp, definitely. 

However I'd take a Classe Sigma 2200i instead.  My personal pick of everything I've heard to date.  (with the possible exception of a Sansui or two)

Wow, it's just all too easy for our precious anti class d attitudes to dismiss a product like this.

I too have heard one driving some B&W 802D3 and it was superb. 

A lowly 7k integrated driving some 35k speakers sounding so good............ makes ya think doesn't it :wacko:

Edited by todagt

3 minutes ago, todagt said:

Wow, it's just all too easy for our precious anti class d attitudes to dismiss a product like this.

I too have heard one driving some B&W 802D3 and it was superb. 

A lowly 7k integrated driving some 35k speakers sounding so good............ makes ya think doesn't it :wacko:

It is very hard indeed to overcome some prejudices. The mental leap required to even consider moving from a pre/power combination back to an integrated is difficult enough, that's for certain. To ask someone to now think about going to Class D appears to be another monumental step. I was reading the Stereophile review of the Classe amp last night and found myself losing concentration as I read. Plus, if I'm being honest, I was looking for reasons not to put it on my list for further consideration. Time to go back and re-read it with a more open mind I think.

• Like 1

Guest thathifiguy
15 minutes ago, JukKluk2 said:

It is very hard indeed to overcome some prejudices. The mental leap required to even consider moving from a pre/power combination back to an integrated is difficult enough, that's for certain. To ask someone to now think about going to Class D appears to be another monumental step. I was reading the Stereophile review of the Classe amp last night and found myself losing concentration as I read. Plus, if I'm being honest, I was looking for reasons not to put it on my list for further consideration. Time to go back and re-read it with a more open mind I think.

That's very true. When I recently heard the new Peachtree Nova 150, another guy made a comment as to how smooth it sounded, but as soon as he was informed it used B&O Ice Modules, his tone changed as if someone had flipped a switch.

A year in and I'm still wrapt with my Continuum S2. I too was sceptical about class D until I heard this. For me this is the nicest sounding amp I have ever had from a long list of others that have passed by my listening room including Luxman 507, Pass Labs X150, Leben C600, Bladelius Thor2 and Line Magnetic 219A.

Completly non fatiguing and effortless at any volume however I'd still love to listen to a Mcintosh MA8000 some day.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I also had a listen to the new PSAudio Stella line up. It was the monos but I did completely forget they were class d. They were never on my radar but now I'm reconsidering....

There is a Stella integrated on the horizon as well.

39 minutes ago, todagt said:

I also had a listen to the new PSAudio Stella line up. It was the monos but I did completely forget they were class d. They were never on my radar but now I'm reconsidering....

There is a Stella integrated on the horizon as well.

How'd you find the central imaging? I believe it's a bit of a hybrid designed amp with class A input signal but class D output. Perhaps that is just flowery way of avoiding normal class D biases, I don't know.