I've tried using my email username with my wifi password NOPE

Then my MacBook name with its password NOPE

Any suggestions

Thanks

P.S

Has Oppo and Netflix had a falling out cause that won't work either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest thathifiguy

Wait, is this to connect to wifi? Or is this to access folders after already connecting to your network?

Guest thathifiguy

1. In the system preferences of the MacBook, you have allowed for sharing of files via network?

2. Username and password (if required) will be your own username and password (so on my MBP I have my name as Tarkan and my password) not the mac's name.

Edited by thathifiguy

Have you turned the "My Network" selection to "ON" in the Set-up menu?

P. 44 of the manual covers setting up the media sharing network.

Capture.JPG.5a45399909c21e9586a53ff29dbb2551.JPG

Edited by Kaynin

It's likely asking the modem/router username and password...

...otherwise your home network sharing details...

It's not the modem and it's password tried and failed
I've opened up my system preferences then selected the folder sharing and ticked the box for file sharing still no help

Guest thathifiguy

Do you have a sign in on the computer itself i.e. when you boot it up after shutting down, do you have a login to open up OSX?

1. In the system preferences of the MacBook, you have allowed for sharing of files via network?

2. Username and password (if required) will be your own username and password (so on my MBP I have my name as Tarkan and my password) not the mac's name.

I have different usernames for different sites exactly which username are they asking for my MacBook username is my email
And which password the modem,MacBook,iTunes email and this list goes on and on
Also I've tried many combos in regard to username and password
If you look at my last photo upload in the top column just under Pauls MacBook Air you will see my computers network access name is Paul.local and I tried this as login name with my modem password,then my MacBook password both failed

Okay, I've never used a Mac so looking in to the computer side of things I'm unlikely to be of any help. 

I'll mention one observation though, the name of the computer network in your last post is "paul.local" doesn't appear in the previous images of the Oppo - only a folder named "PAUL".  Are we talking about the same device/computer?

Do you have a sign in on the computer itself i.e. when you boot it up after shutting down, do you have a login to open up OSX?

Yes I do and I've used it with my email as login name FAIL I've used it with my MacBook name FAIL and finally my modem name no luck there

Guest thathifiguy

Ok, probably the simplest thing to try, have you unplugged all your devices from power for two minutes (including powering off your mac) and switch it back on again?

I don't feel as though access to the content would be blocked unless you have created a password to block it.

If after power cycling, it is still asking for a login, proceed without entering one and see if that finally gets you over the line.

I'm thinking it may be some kind of IP conflict causing it.

Edited by thathifiguy

@Kaynin your observations in regarding my Oppo file name PAUL and my MacBook name Paul.local had me digging deeper into my MacBook files and I can't find any file named PAUL all my files are my full name all in lower case so I searched through all my smart devices and they are named Pauls MacBook,Pauls ipad and Pauls iphone (yes I'm an apple fan) then I remembered I uploaded the Oppo media centre app the other night onto my ipad so opened that up and saw a file named PAUL. I opened it up and it asked for the same bloody username and password the 105 asked for
571493cda9f588df63768184e4393280.png
So that got me thinking that the 105 is picking up the app on my ipad so I removed the app from the ipad turned everything off gave it a minute or two (made a coffee) came back turned it all back on opened up the network screen on the 105 and searched for devices and it found the file named PAUL [emoji36]
So I'm really stumped

2 hours ago, Luvitloud said:

870297f7df915d9bc72545dbf93014d6.jpg

Again, not a Mac user here so apologies if I'm way off.  This screenshot shows File Sharing: On, and then there's an Options tab just below it to the right.  Click on that and see if you can disable having to enter a password from any device to access file sharing on your Mac.

Also consider the Edit tab above the Options tab, see what that is about.

Finally, on the face of it, it appears that you may have forgotten/mixed up your log-in details.  Can you confirm the correct username/password by manually re-entering what you believe them to be into your Mac?

Edited by Kaynin

Again, not a Mac user here so apologies if I'm way off.  This screenshot shows File Sharing: On, and then there's an Options tab just below it to the right.  Click on that and see if you can disable having to enter a password from any device to access file sharing on your Mac.

Also consider the Edit tab above the Options tab, see what that is about.

Finally, on the face of it, it appears that you may have forgotten/mixed up your log-in details.  Can you confirm the correct username/password by manually re-entering what you believe them to be into your Mac?

When I click the option tab this is the screen
0433c66c6012a1653886239ab9650bb8.jpg

And this is the screen when I click edit
b567189ddab4bb806c21b895f6ef1892.jpg
Also all of my usernames and passwords are basically the same and easy to remember. To open my MacBook is the easiest one of them all and on those times when I forget a password or username the website or device lets you change them with the forgot password option
Click on that then they send you an email and bobs ya uncle
But no such luck with Oppo. So I've sent Oppo an email asking what there asking for hopefully this will clear things up or I just give up trying
Thanks for all your help [emoji106]

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luvitloud said:

When I click the option tab this is the screen
0433c66c6012a1653886239ab9650bb8.jpg

And this is the screen when I click edit
b567189ddab4bb806c21b895f6ef1892.jpg
Also all of my usernames and passwords are basically the same and easy to remember. To open my MacBook is the easiest one of them all and on those times when I forget a password or username the website or device lets you change them with the forgot password option
Click on that then they send you an email and bobs ya uncle
But no such luck with Oppo. So I've sent Oppo an email asking what there asking for hopefully this will clear things up or I just give up trying
Thanks for all your help emoji106.png

Good luck, sorry couldn't solve it.  Technology is brilliant.  When it works...  ;)

I've got all Mac at home and a 103. I don't think I've ever filled in that username/password bit and I still have access to all my music files from my Mac mini via Ethernet.

I'll have a look when I get home and see what's going on. I'm in Perth so you probably won't get a reply until tomorrow.