Class A or Class AB Amp ? Any help please (-:

i,

This is my amp (pic below). But I don't know if its an ClassA or Class AB.

How do I tell if its one or the other?

Its a TSLIM Diva BlueSky. Its impossible to get a response from Singapore and haven't received on from Audio Salon. 

Your help would much appreciated. 

Thx so much, Bob

2017-05-17_17_35_47.jpg

EL34 valves  run in class AB ultra linear PP (fixed bias) give typically   a maximum O/P power of 30 watts. Run as pentodes, with a view to having a reasonable lifetime, i.e. not as a guitar amplifier ,you can achieve around 50 watts. Examination of the amplifier via testing it and a check of the circuit would be required to give an exact rating. Otherwise a review from a respected audio magazine would help in establishing   the facts about the product.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heifetz said:

Thx Martin,

I hope you are well. 

I've been googling so much and never found that page before. How d'you do that so quickly ;)

Thx so much, Bob

Pure luck Bob !! :D 

@VanArn @Sir Triode

Thank you.

I would like to bias the amp. Its not been done for about two years and it concerns me a little.

I'm looking at buying a bias meter such compu-bias meter http://www.compu-bias.com

as I thought it a little safer than the multi-meter.

I saw an Aussie product  'Evatco bias meter' but don't think its available anymore. 

May be another is better - I'm not sure yet.

So I'm just gathering information.

Bob

Edited by Heifetz

9 minutes ago, Heifetz said:

@VanArn @Sir Triode

Thank you.

I would like to bias the amp. Its not been done for about two years and it concerns me a little.

I'm looking at buying a bias meter such compu-bias meter http://www.compu-bias.com

as I thought it a little safer than the multi-meter.

I saw an Aussie product  'Evatco bias meter' but don't think its available anymore. 

May be another is better - I'm not sure yet.

So I'm just gathering information.

Bob

Just remember the bias adjustment pots are inside the amp anyway so a bit of electrical safety will have to adhered to regardless.

The bias meters in one way may actually be more awkward as they require swapping the tubes out to fit the adapter. 

The compu-bias gadget would be a handy item if it was not limited to a one at a time set-up which requires pulling out a valve and going through a cool down and heat up  process. it would be fine for a S.E. amplifiers, as long as you have a multiple of socket adaptors to suit the various valve bases. Setting the bias of push-pull amps in particular requires multiple adjustments over a period of time to make sure the adjustment is stable. Some manufacturers  fit sockets  or test points  to make it a simple task. I would stick to using a good quality digital multimeter for this purpose and  the ability to make  other measurements.

Bob, are you not posting technical information that you have available, as you are talking about biasing the amp, and that would seem a bit premature without any details apart from the valve model ?