SAVI Systems – Simon

active speakers
FS: KEF Egg Wireless Active Digital Music System

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

Item: KEF Egg Active Wireless Digital Music System / Speakers
Location: SAVI Sysytems Showroom, 1168 Albany Hwy, Bentley, W.A.
Price: $695
Item Condition: Brand New - Mint in Box
Payment Method: Direct Deposit, Paypal, Cash - Pickup in store, Visa, Mastercard with no fees or penalties
Extra Info: 

As more people aim to keep their room looking neat, but the tunes flowing... KEF has an awesome answer. Enter the compact, active desktop type speaker system - the KEF Egg.
The famous KEF egg shape has been implemented for this fresh take on what a compact speaker system can achieve.The EGG Wireless Digital Music System gives pure, clear KEF quality sound for your TV (via Optical) and laptop (via USB or Bluetooth) with wireless streaming for your mobile devices via Bluetooth (Apt-X).

WIRELESS convenience as well as HIGH RESOLUTION SOUND

For enjoying high resolution sound from virtually any source, the new active KEF EGG wireless digital music system gives music lovers a complete audio solution that combines the supremely accurate definition of KEF's latest Uni-Q® driver array with the ability to stream tracks wirelessly via Bluetooth aptX®. 
With an integrated amplifier and in-built DAC, it is possible to enjoy 96kHz/24-bit HiRes audio via the mini USB input from PC or Mac or via the optical digital input. In fact with the provided optical digital connection it is extremely easy to connect the sound output of any T.V. and enjoy all your favourite shows, music videos and movies through these little beauties. The KEF Egg system  fulfils nearly every requirement for a flexible, compact, high resolution sound system - and looks stylish and classy while doing so. 

KEF Eggs TV Sound - SAVI Systems Perth

The Eggs are heavy little speakers, a fact owed to their stout, anti-resonant cabinets and premium components inside. Outside, each speaker sports a matte finish (available in white, blue and black) that looks classy and should stay that way since they buck fingerprints so well. Even the unusually heavy remote control exudes an air of class.

Well balanced, articulate and easy on the ear, the KEF is a delightful performer. It tickles out plenty of top-end detail, while the solid mid-range and bass gel everything together.
What’s is perhaps most impressive is how the UniQ drivers project music as a seamless, cohesive whole. It’s perfectly balanced, never allowing one frequency band to overpower another – every element is granted the space and time to make itself heard. That’s testament to the KEF’s impressive transparency.
KEF says these new eggs are the most “sophisticated and acoustically accomplished version” of the speaker. The tweeter is internally vented to prevent potentially distorting high pressures from building up behind the dome. The tangerine-shaped waveguide position in front of the tweeter helps disperse the sound spherically for wider and more even dispersion. The ‘Z-flex’ cone surround around the mid/bass diaphragm limits secondary radiation. The midrange cone is made of aluminium to retain stiffness, and there’s also a damping ring to control resonances.

KEF Egg Digital Music Speakers - SAVI Systems Perth

The two KEF Eggs look identical at a glance, but this is actually a master-slave system. One does the heavy lifting and passes information to the other.
All the processing takes place in the foot of the master unit, which features a mains input (external power brick, not figure-of-eight cable), mini USB input and an output for connecting to the slave unit, plus a subwoofer output for (optionally) adding lower frequencies later.

Part of the excitement the Egg imparts is the unexpected scale of its soundstage and the brilliant effect of its stereo separation. It is excels in almost every aspect at which even the most advanced one-box speakers fail. And underscoring it all is KEF’s unmistakable, impeccable sound signature.

Pictures:

KEF-Eggs-Black2-500x500.jpg

Edited by SAVI Systems – Simon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By twofires
      Hi all.

I'm looking for a stereo power amp to replace a Rotel RB-991. The Rotel is going because, long story short, it's mains-grounded (3 prong power cable), and so is my HTPC. Adding a second mains-grounded component to my system, it turns out, introduces a loud ground loop hum that no amount of cable-swapping and re-configuring can tame. If I leave the PC off and listen to vinyl only, everything is fine - buuuuut that's not going to do, and so the Rotel has to go.

So, I'm looking for recommendations for a chassis grounded (2 prong cable) power amp, ideally with 150wpc+ at 8ohms, preferably rated down to 4ohms.

Some relevant info:

System
      TV: Samsung 4k HDCP 2.2 thing that loathes handshaking with my AVR
      AVR: Marantz SR6010
      HTPC: custom built Windows 10 machine (mains-grounded)
      Turntable: Technics SL1210mkII
      Phono Preamp: Emotiva XPS-1
      Speakers: KEF Q700s, Q600c, Q400, and Q300s at the rear

Budget
      Up to $3500 for a good solution. This may mean higher RRP, depending on which stores I can source the unit from (some being more flexible than others with price).

What am I looking for?
      150wpc+ into 8ohms stereo power amp (or comparable solution), capable of handling 4ohm loads, with a high enough damping factor that the bass is tight and snappy (like the Rotel). Unlike the Rotel, I need something without overly harsh or sibilant treble, and it absolutely cannot be something that is mains grounded. In my price range, that last proviso alone rules out: Rotel, Cambridge, Parasound, and Exposure. I'm sure they're all good amps, but they're not going to work for me.

What I'm considering

Emotiva XPA-2
      Pro: heaps of power, good price, similar input sensitivity to Marantz power amps, suggesting it will work well with my SR6010, high damping factor
      Con: no longer distributed in Australia so there's hundreds or dollars in shipping if it breaks, and there are many stories of them breaking, also, the blue LED aesthetic is a bit too early-2000s Nokia 8250 for me

Emotiva BASX A-300
      Pro: cheap, could easily get 2 and bi-amp the Q700s and get better channel separation, high damping factor
      Con: audio quality(?), no longer distributed in Australia so there's hundreds or dollars in shipping if it breaks, and there are many stories of them breaking, blue LED aesthetic

Marantz MM7025
      Pro: cheap, could easily get 2 and bi-amp the Q700s and get better channel separation, guaranteed to play well with the SR6010, I know I like the Marantz sound, my preferred stockist is flexible with pricing
      Con: barely more power than the SR6010 (if only one used, not sure about bi-amping), not rated to anything below 6ohms, el-core transformer (does this even matter?)

Marantz MM7055
      Pro: more channels, guaranteed to play well with the SR6010, I know I like the Marantz sound, my preferred stockist is flexible with pricing
      Con: essentially a 5 channel version of the MM7025, with all the same flaws, bi-amp likely not as good as with 2 MM7025s because it's a shared power supply and is essentially bi-wiring

Marantz MM8077
      Pro: heaps of channels, guaranteed to play well with the SR6010, I know I like the Marantz sound, toroidal transformer, my preferred stockist is flexible with pricing
      Cons: a lot of money for seemingly very little gain over the SR6010

Anthem MCA225
      Pro: a tonne of power, especially into low ohms (rated down to 2ohms!), my preferred stockist is flexible with pricing
      Con: a lot of money for the spec, 225wpc is at <1%THD, rather than a more listenable 0.08% (will this matter if the overhead is just for transients?), much lower input sensitivity than other brands (10kohms vs 22+) which may(?) mean a bad match with the SR6010

NAD C 275 BEE
      Pro: good price, two sets of terminals for bi-wiring
      Con: not much more power than the SR6010, reliability issues, harder and harder to find, low input sensitivity like the Anthem

Any thoughts or additional suggestions appreciated, especially from those with first-hand experience of any of the above equipment.

Cheers,
      Simon

P.S. I'm not going to bother with ground loop isolators to bodge the Rotel into working, as it has other issues (massive draw on power up that occasionally trips the protection on my surge board, brightness, lack of remote trigger) that means it's ultimately better if I replace it.

• By Neo
      Item: Audioquest Coffee USB A-B 1.5 m
      Price: $350 plus postage 
      Item Condition:9.7/10
      Reason for selling:upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Direct deposit can post at buyers expense 
      Extra Info:bought from Len Wallis, so it is the real deal. 

Pictures:

• By Johnno2017
      Hi everyone,

Appreciate your time and thoughts on this topic. 

I'd to ask for some audio advice. My current setup is a KEF LS 50 with SONOS connect amp which I believe the KEF speakers can do so much better. 

Music source is TIDAL HIFI quality stream.

I have done some light research around setup and I believe that I need a DAC, an intergrated amplifier and some decent speaker cables. My budget for these are up to 2.5k and I am looking for some used/demo equipments. 

Current thought is a Yamaha AS1100 as the retro look is appealing and the NAD M51 because it had some good reviews from a few years ago.

Please your advice on a setup for a system of music streaming is welcomed.

Thank you

John

• By Johnno2017
      Hi everyone,

Appreciate your time and thoughts on this topic. 

I'd to ask for some audio advice. My current setup is a KEF LS 50 with SONOS connect amp which I believe the KEF speakers can do so much better. 

Music source is TIDAL HIFI quality stream.

I have done some light research around setup and I believe that I need a DAC, an intergrated amplifier and some decent speaker cables. My budget for these are up to 2.5k and I am looking for some used/demo equipments. 

Current thought is a Yamaha AS1100 as the retro look is appealing and the NAD M51 because it had some good reviews from a few years ago.

Please your advice on a setup for a system of music streaming is welcomed.

Thank you

John

• By Bruno28
      Item: KEF LS50 Wireless
      Price Range: 
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info:

Can be used or new. 

Lost a Bid on ebay for a LS50 Wireless at $2600 and using 5% off would have been $2470. What a price and one lucky winner.

If you have one for sale let me know. Preferably the Blue and Black. 
      I have a LS50 in copper or NAD M12 or/and NADM22 that an be traded/negotiated.