Sony has just released their latest updated software for their premium range of larger TV's using the X1 processor, it can be had at Sony's download site but first tell them which model you have, or wait until your TV recognises the update is available via the TV itself if connected to the web and set for auto notification.

• Like 2

BTW since this update has anyone else noticed their Sony TV won't stop displaying the HDMI input and time in a semi transparent black panel at the top of the screen now. It cannot be rid off unless truning the TV off at my place.

My KD75X9400C updated automatically while I was away.  I like the look and feel of Android Marshmallow.  Its all good.  Even the PQ looks better, but I must be imagining that :)

The HDMI input shows for several seconds after selection, then disappears.  I would check settings to see if something can be switched off.

• 2 weeks later...

Another issue is that say after using your UHD input (HMDI3)  on the Sony Bravia then switching its input to that associated with my AV amp HDMI4 in my case, the TV stays locked in hi-def mode and cannot play back 1080p! Only by switching off then ON the TV via its remote, brings up the vision again, this without adjusting anything else. Sony help dept are asking for video proof of this,  anyone else got this "feature"?

44 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

Another issue is that say after using your UHD input (HMDI3)  on the Sony Bravia then switching its input to that associated with my AV amp HDMI4 in my case, the TV stays locked in hi-def mode and cannot play back 1080p! Only by switching off then ON the TV via its remote, brings up the vision again, this without adjusting anything else. Sony help dept are asking for video proof of this,  anyone else got this "feature"?

send them the proof I say :D and tell em to get working ! hehe

5 hours ago, DoggieHowser said:

I only have two sources and both are direct connected. The PS4 is 1080p and the Panasonic is 4K. Will switch between them to test later.

are we to assume Doggie that you can switch between HDMI inputs without having to turn the TV off and on again then?

5 hours ago, agelessgoodguy said:

are we to assume Doggie that you can switch between HDMI inputs without having to turn the TV off and on again then?

Just tested

No issues switching from PS4 (1080p) to Panasonic UB900 and back