Hey all, anyone willing to share some experiences re- nearby accom available for the hi fi show? Within walking distance would be great.

Will prolly just be me or me and a mate, better looking half canna make it so it doesn't need to be too flashy.

Otherwise shall keep Googling. :)

@blybo thanks Neil but website says 'no vacancy'.

@joz rooms available for around $850 for the three nights so will see if there is anywhere cheaper that's still nearby but def an option of course, in case of lots of 'no vacancies' on other sites. Am planning to fly down Fri, head back Mon.

Edited by Darren69

16 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Hey all, anyone willing to share some experiences re- nearby accom available for the hi fi show? Within walking distance would be great.

Will prolly just be me or me and a mate, better looking half canna make it so it doesn't need to be too flashy.

Otherwise shall keep Googling. :)

Adina Apartments - clean and tidy, location is excellent on Fitzroy St. so plenty of cafes, restaurants, bars etc., and the show is a 3 minute Uber or 14 min. walk -

https://www.tfehotels.com/brands/adina-apartment-hotels/adina-apartment-hotel-st-kilda?utm_source=googleplaces&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=googleplaces

EDIT: I was there about 3 months ago and interior is very clean and well presented.

Edited by Kaynin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaynin said:

Adina Apartments - clean and tidy, location is excellent on Fitzroy St. so plenty of cafes, restaurants, bars etc., and the show is a 3 minute Uber -

https://www.tfehotels.com/brands/adina-apartment-hotels/adina-apartment-hotel-st-kilda?utm_source=googleplaces&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=googleplaces

EDIT: I was there about 3 months ago and interior is very clean and well presented.

Yep great location.Only a tram ride away to nearly anywhere.

Just now, joz said:

Yep great location.Only a tram ride away to nearly anywhere.

Oooh, ouch.  Just checked the rates for the period of the show and a twin room is about $240 a night.  Their website said it's a high booking period - Melbourne Cup weekend...goodluck!

9 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Lads, you're the bomb(s), will check later.

Whatever you decide don't delay too long mate, it will end up NO VACANCY across town that weekend sooner rather than later...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

Whatever you decide don't delay too long mate, it will end up NO VACANCY across town that weekend sooner rather than later...

Indeed. My earlier Google has introduced some haste.

Ah yeah, right, it's that bloody nag race people get all frothed up about!! Dammit.

Edited by Darren69

• Administrator

Waiting on a call back from our events coordinator.

Prior to selecting this date for our show we called around hotels in Melbourne. Only hotels within the immediate vicinity of Flemington Racecourse said they see increased occupancy across that weekend.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Don't forget, there are two parts of the hotel we host the show at. Pullman AND Mercure.

I just checked the website, and there is no shortage of availability for the weekend of the show.

Mercure is the cheaper option compared to Pullman.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-8811-mercure-melbourne-albert-park/index.shtml

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Waiting on a call back from our events coordinator.

Prior to selecting this date for our show we called around hotels in Melbourne. Only hotels within the immediate vicinity of Flemington Racecourse said they see increased occupancy across that weekend.

Yeah but it's not the price you pay they are talking about, it's the "standard rate" which is usually highly discounted.

Not following.

See the prior post, 2 x Nights = $389.30 in the Mercure tower of the venue.

I believe the normal rate is called the cloak rate? But nobody ever pays this unless at uber peak times. So they are not increasing rates, just reducing discounts from the cloak rate at certain times. It's semantics, but many businesses run on a similar model.

I'm not talking about the Mecure or pullman here, just the industry norm for inner city accommodation.

Edited by blybo

Don't forget, there are two parts of the hotel we host the show at. Pullman AND Mercure.

I just checked the website, and there is no shortage of availability for the weekend of the show.

Mercure is the cheaper option compared to Pullman.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-8811-mercure-melbourne-albert-park/index.shtml

Capture.JPG

$200 per night is more reasonable, especially considering you're already at the show and if Dazza is travelling with a mate then $100 each p.n.  You'll likely have to travel to Fitzroy St. in St. Kilda or Chapel St. in Windsor for good eating/drinking options though anyway...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marc said:

Be thankful it's not in Sydney. It always costs me a fortune to stay in a CBD vicinity hotel.

But you'd only get half the turn out.  Everyone knows Melburnians support their events better than Sydneysiders...  :popcorn:

On a global scale, hotel rooms in Melbourne and Sydney are very expensive period.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frankn said:

I'm happy to share a twin bed room with another attendee. Please pm me if interested. I'm arriving in Mel on the Thursday (I think). 

Cheers. Frank

Is that your policy with Ugg boots too???

23 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

$200 per night is more reasonable, especially considering you're already at the show and if Dazza is travelling with a mate then $100 each p.n.  You'll likely have to travel to Fitzroy St. in St. Kilda or Chapel St. in Windsor for good eating/drinking options though anyway...

@Darren69 And as long as it's not pouring with rain, a nice walk thru albert park to the show from the Adina or similar is a nice start to the day. Fitzroy St also has live music and a few good watering holes.

• Like 2