Darren69

Hi Fi show accom

32 posts in this topic

Hey all, anyone willing to share some experiences re- nearby accom available for the hi fi show? Within walking distance would be great.

 

Will prolly just be me or me and a mate, better looking half canna make it so it doesn't need to be too flashy.

 

Otherwise shall keep Googling. :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adina StKilda?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried thePullman?

Stay at the show:thumb:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@blybo thanks Neil but website says 'no vacancy'.

 

@joz rooms available for around $850 for the three nights so will see if there is anywhere cheaper that's still nearby but def an option of course, in case of lots of 'no vacancies' on other sites. Am planning to fly down Fri, head back Mon.

Edited by Darren69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Hey all, anyone willing to share some experiences re- nearby accom available for the hi fi show? Within walking distance would be great.

 

Will prolly just be me or me and a mate, better looking half canna make it so it doesn't need to be too flashy.

 

Otherwise shall keep Googling. :)

 

 

 

 

 

Adina Apartments - clean and tidy, location is excellent on Fitzroy St. so plenty of cafes, restaurants, bars etc., and the show is a 3 minute Uber or 14 min. walk -

 

https://www.tfehotels.com/brands/adina-apartment-hotels/adina-apartment-hotel-st-kilda?utm_source=googleplaces&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=googleplaces

 

 

EDIT: I was there about 3 months ago and interior is very clean and well presented.

Edited by Kaynin
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kaynin said:

 

 

Adina Apartments - clean and tidy, location is excellent on Fitzroy St. so plenty of cafes, restaurants, bars etc., and the show is a 3 minute Uber -

 

https://www.tfehotels.com/brands/adina-apartment-hotels/adina-apartment-hotel-st-kilda?utm_source=googleplaces&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=googleplaces

 

 

EDIT: I was there about 3 months ago and interior is very clean and well presented.

 

Yep great location.Only a tram ride away to nearly anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lads, you're the bomb(s), will check later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joz said:

 

Yep great location.Only a tram ride away to nearly anywhere.

 

 

Oooh, ouch.  Just checked the rates for the period of the show and a twin room is about $240 a night.  Their website said it's a high booking period - Melbourne Cup weekend...goodluck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WAIT - this is NOT what we were assured with the hotel for the weekend..

Let me call the hotel this morning.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Lads, you're the bomb(s), will check later.

 

 

Whatever you decide don't delay too long mate, it will end up NO VACANCY across town that weekend sooner rather than later...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

 

 

Whatever you decide don't delay too long mate, it will end up NO VACANCY across town that weekend sooner rather than later...

 

Indeed. My earlier Google has introduced some haste.

 

Ah yeah, right, it's that bloody nag race people get all frothed up about!! Dammit.

Edited by Darren69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting on a call back from our events coordinator.

 

Prior to selecting this date for our show we called around hotels in Melbourne. Only hotels within the immediate vicinity of Flemington Racecourse said they see increased occupancy across that weekend.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget, there are two parts of the hotel we host the show at. Pullman AND Mercure.

I just checked the website, and there is no shortage of availability for the weekend of the show.

Mercure is the cheaper option compared to Pullman.

 

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-8811-mercure-melbourne-albert-park/index.shtml

 

Capture.JPG

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Waiting on a call back from our events coordinator.

 

Prior to selecting this date for our show we called around hotels in Melbourne. Only hotels within the immediate vicinity of Flemington Racecourse said they see increased occupancy across that weekend.

Yeah but it's not the price you pay they are talking about, it's the "standard rate" which is usually highly discounted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not following.

 

See the prior post, 2 x Nights = $389.30 in the Mercure tower of the venue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Not following.

 

See the prior post, 2 x Nights = $389.30 in the Mercure tower of the venue.

 

I believe the normal rate is called the cloak rate? But nobody ever pays this unless at uber peak times. So they are not increasing rates, just reducing discounts from the cloak rate at certain times. It's semantics, but many businesses run on a similar model.

 

I'm not talking about the Mecure or pullman here, just the industry norm for inner city accommodation.

Edited by blybo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marc said:

Don't forget, there are two parts of the hotel we host the show at. Pullman AND Mercure.

I just checked the website, and there is no shortage of availability for the weekend of the show.

Mercure is the cheaper option compared to Pullman.

 

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-8811-mercure-melbourne-albert-park/index.shtml

 

Capture.JPG

 

 

$200 per night is more reasonable, especially considering you're already at the show and if Dazza is travelling with a mate then $100 each p.n.  You'll likely have to travel to Fitzroy St. in St. Kilda or Chapel St. in Windsor for good eating/drinking options though anyway...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be thankful it's not in Sydney. It always costs me a fortune to stay in a CBD vicinity hotel.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marc said:

Be thankful it's not in Sydney. It always costs me a fortune to stay in a CBD vicinity hotel.

 

 

But you'd only get half the turn out.  Everyone knows Melburnians support their events better than Sydneysiders...  :popcorn:

 

On a global scale, hotel rooms in Melbourne and Sydney are very expensive period.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to share a twin bed room with another attendee. Please pm me if interested. I'm arriving in Mel on the Thursday (I think). 

Cheers. Frank

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frankn said:

I'm happy to share a twin bed room with another attendee. Please pm me if interested. I'm arriving in Mel on the Thursday (I think). 

Cheers. Frank

 

Is that your policy with Ugg boots too???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

 

 

$200 per night is more reasonable, especially considering you're already at the show and if Dazza is travelling with a mate then $100 each p.n.  You'll likely have to travel to Fitzroy St. in St. Kilda or Chapel St. in Windsor for good eating/drinking options though anyway...

 

@Darren69 And as long as it's not pouring with rain, a nice walk thru albert park to the show from the Adina or similar is a nice start to the day. Fitzroy St also has live music and a few good watering holes.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, blybo said:

And as long as it's not pouring with rain

 

Now why did you go and say that? :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.