On 14/06/2017 at 10:31 PM, gat474 said:

Interesting! So, is this why the 240 had a run recently?

Connecting the 240 to the Kantus was more out of interest to see how it would perform with those speakers and for a bit fun. It played admirably but it's not the right amp for those speakers either. It will be very interesting to hear the 550 perform with them. Will post observations soonish. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 9:47 PM, muzzagruzz said:

It pains me to talk about it. Sold the 25 and 850 last year and replaced them with Luxman. However, I've secured a 25 again so just after a 550 now. The 25 still needs paying for though. 

Luxman is nice and will stay for now but it doesn't have balls. Far worse than that, it just doesn't move me. At least not with vinyl. Legend speakers need current and the Luxman ain't got it. 

Swayed by looks of the Lux on the other side of the hill...

Got there & found a good looking eunuch...

Left the gate open & the ME had bolted...

It is always a matter of synergy. The Legend speakers require prodigious muscle to sound their best,and this does not imply that other amps are unworthy, just not suited for a particular purpose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob181 said:

Swayed by looks of the Lux on the other side of the hill...

Got there & found a good looking eunuch...

Left the gate open & the ME had bolted...

ME pre/power back in the house of muzz next Tuesday - hopefully. :thumb:

Although, not an 850 this time but the smaller 550. That will eventually be high capped when funds allow. 

Zaph showed the ME 150 today and wouldn't I mind trying that out on my Kantus. 

ME pre/power back in the house of muzz. Oh boy, am I excited. :thumb: Tried them in the main system with Legend Kantu 3.5 way speakers and it crapped all over the Luxman. As Rantan stated, it's all about synergy. Luxman may be fine with more efficient speakers but it just doesn't cut the mustard with speakers that need current. Perhaps the class A Luxman may  be better? 

Currently, the ME are with Legend bookshelf Kurre's and sound equally brilliant. I'll try the Luxman with these speakers one day as I'm really curious to know how they will perform. 

IMG_1657.JPG

• Like 2

Go on, rub it in. You lucky, lucky bastard. [emoji4]

I'm just jealous. 

But you saw the light and moved on - and there's no going back right? [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, evil c said:

But you saw the light and moved on - and there's no going back right? emoji53.png

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I was deceived by a trick of the light. Those blue VU meters seduced and deceived me into believing they would bring enlightenment and joy. 

Who says I can't go back?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, muzzagruzz said:

I was deceived by a trick of the light. Those blue VU meters seduced and deceived me into believing they would bring enlightenment and joy. 

Who says I can't go back?

Wow.

A short romance and a bitter divorce:)

The Class A are much better but the one you have isn't exactly shabby. Those who under rate synergy ( and personal preference of sound ) do so at their peril

I sold ME amps for many years and tried to like them but never could. It just shows that nobody is ever right or wrong in this hobby

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, muzzagruzz said:

I don't underrate synergy at all. My mistake for not testing the amp with the speakers before buying. However, it was impossible to do anyway. Oh well. 

Indeed . I wasn't actually referring to you but to those who say synergy is illusory.:)

I would never criticise anybody for their own choices or preferences

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rantan said:

Indeed . I wasn't actually referring to you but to those who say synergy is illusory.:)

I would never criticise anybody for their own choices or preferences

All good mate. I know you didn't :thumb:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrRogers said:

Ahh, I thought so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL.

I did manage to actually hear most of the range though.

I should point out that my opinion is just personal preference. I don't like Harbeth speakers either and I am always happy to be a contrarian on audio gear.

I kinda like it.

2 minutes ago, MrRogers said:

No problem with me but you really do need to listen to a ME50 one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be happy to.............................along with about 20 other amplfiers:)