has any ME owners tried duelund speaker wire if not i highly recommend you do so,they are a match made in heaven , been listening to ME for years with all sorts of cables some silly money stuff, have been listening to the duelund for about a month now and it just sounds so right ,from top to bottom ,the best part is it is cheap,also no need for expensive connectors just use bare wire connections.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ray4410 said:

has any ME owners tried duelund speaker wire if not i highly recommend you do so,they are a match made in heaven , been listening to ME for years with all sorts of cables some silly money stuff, have been listening to the duelund for about a month now and it just sounds so right ,from top to bottom ,the best part is it is cheap,also no need for expensive connectors just use bare wire connections.

where do you get it from?

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

IMO, it is the speakers that dictate what speaker cable should be used. ME amps are unconditionally stable, so any speaker cable can be used safely. 

Apologies to the OP for the OT, is there a cable that has properties that would be suitable for all speakers  ?

36 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Apologies to the OP for the OT, is there a cable that has properties that would be suitable for all speakers  ?

Sort of. A perfect speaker cable exhibits the following characteristics:

* Zero Ohms resistance

* Zero inductance

* Zero capacitance

In practice, these figures will never be zero. However, for inductance and resistance, the lower the figure, the better. For a well designed amplifier, capacitance is inconsequential. 

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Sort of. A perfect speaker cable exhibits the following characteristics:

* Zero Ohms resistance

* Zero inductance

* Zero capacitance

In practice, these figures will never be zero. However, for inductance and resistance, the lower the figure, the better. For a well designed amplifier, capacitance is inconsequential. 

Zaph I got myself a set of Duntech Barons and an ME550 Hicap recently I'm planning on using RG213, thoughts?

Edited by BATMAQN

On 2017-5-9 at 4:13 PM, georgehifi said:

With all the ME's I've owned the best for me was Apperture BL-8 Accusound Silver 4+4

http://marcs.members.sonic.net/apature/pricesjj.html

Zaph may even have some still, very hard to get.

Cheers George

Here ya go, pointed out to me by Nutz. Already setup for bi-wire configuration.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/401324441908

Cheers George 

• 1 month later...
Guest jakeyb77
On 10/05/2017 at 9:18 PM, muzzagruzz said:

Hmmm, I'd love to have an ME550 II high cap one day! 

Ya never know your luck.... 

On 10/05/2017 at 11:22 AM, BATMAQN said:

Zaph I got myself a set of Duntech Barons and an ME550 Hicap recently I'm planning on using RG213, thoughts?

I use the RG213/U with my PMC's and love them. Great cables for the price.

7 minutes ago, Jakeyb77 said:

Ya never know your luck.... 

Hoping some luck comes my way soon for a 550 MKII in excellent to mint condition. If you know anyone that has one that they wish to move on, please let me know. :thumb:

Doesn't have to be high cap as I can do that later. 

Edited by muzzagruzz

Guest jakeyb77
Just now, muzzagruzz said:

Hoping some luck comes my way soon for a 550 MKII in excellent to mint condition. If you know anyone that has one that they wish to move on, please let me know. :thumb:

I happen to have one! I'm waiting to see how it runs the JBLs. I'm expecting it will do it well but I may go for something new. I'll let you know. 

Just now, Jakeyb77 said:

I happen to have one! I'm waiting to see how it runs the JBLs. I'm expecting it will do it well but I may go for something new. I'll let you know. 

Thanks mate, I appreciate that greatly. Very thoughtful. 

20 minutes ago, muzzagruzz said:

I'm missing the ME pre/power in the house. Actually, that should read, the Legend Acoustics speakers are missing the ME pre/power. 

Where have they gone?

It pains me to talk about it. Sold the 25 and 850 last year and replaced them with Luxman. However, I've secured a 25 again so just after a 550 now. The 25 still needs paying for though. 

Luxman is nice and will stay for now but it doesn't have balls. Far worse than that, it just doesn't move me. At least not with vinyl. Legend speakers need current and the Luxman ain't got it. 

43 minutes ago, muzzagruzz said:

It pains me to talk about it. Sold the 25 and 850 last year and replaced them with Luxman. However, I've secured a 25 again so just after a 550 now. The 25 still needs paying for though. 

Luxman is nice and will stay for now but it doesn't have balls. Far worse than that, it just doesn't move me. At least not with vinyl. Legend speakers need current and the Luxman ain't got it. 

Interesting! So, is this why the 240 had a run recently?