FS: PS AUDIO AC12 POWER CABLE US PLUG SOURCED FROM CHINA x 2

SOLD

Item: PS AUDIO AC12 POWER CABLE US PLUG SOURCED FROM CHINA x 2
Price: $250 for both or $140 each + postage
Item Condition: look like new
Reason for selling:
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I got these from another SNA'er who got them from China. After spending way too much time trying to figure out if they are real but "seconds " purloined by an Entrepreneurial worker or a hack copy, I couldnt figure it out.  I leave that to you. All I can say is they sounded  much better than stock and the previous owner thought they sounded real. Ahhh the joys of power cables.

These are quite heavy and stiff also
Pictures:

IMG_5057.JPG

IMG_5055.JPG

I used to have these AC-12 cables in my system on a PS Audio Premier Power Plant - I'm just curious - can you unscrew the Earth pin on the male side of these? I know there are a lot of fakes on the market, sadly. I'm not even sure if all of mine were legit to be honest since I bought them from various sources in the USA on Audiogon over time. But I do love PS Audio and would use their Power Plants and these cables again in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Fcleph said:

I used to have these AC-12 cables in my system on a PS Audio Premier Power Plant - I'm just curious - can you unscrew the Earth pin on the male side of these? I know there are a lot of fakes on the market, sadly. I'm not even sure if all of mine were legit to be honest since I bought them from various sources in the USA on Audiogon over time. But I do love PS Audio and would use their Power Plants and these cables again in a heartbeat if I had the money.

Hi, yes you can unscrew the earth. 

I think in many cases the PS Audio cables just grow legs at the factory in China and they aren't fakes per se. I can just picture the scene - is that an AC-12 "anaconda" in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fcleph said:

I think in many cases the PS Audio cables just grow legs at the factory in China and they aren't fakes per se.

Wrong. I bought a cheap China knock-off AC-12 and sent it, together with a genuine one that I sourced from PS Audio directly, to my dentist mate to X-ray. They are completely different inside.

Go to PS Audio forums, in the forum ;

need help, got a problem, ask a PS Audio expert and search for the thread

AC-12 power cord / 
Do I have a fake AC-12 power cord /       Link added AC-12
read through the thread as there are pictures of authentic and copied power cord plus comments by PS Audio. 
Edited by frankn
added information
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Easist way to tell a fake ... take it to a dealer, listen to a system with a real one in it, then listen to the potential fake in the system ... I imagine it should be pretty easy to hear which is a fake especially for the dealer who will be very familiar with the AC 12 sound.

• Like 1