HELP: speakers for a Sansui AU7500 amp

Hi,

I want to hook up some speakers to a Sansui AU7500 stereo ampifier. I have a pair of JVC SK-1000 Mk II speakers rated 200 watts max (170W peak), RMS 100W, which I was going to use, but there is a broken connector, so will need to get repaired first.

Alternatively, I have a pair of JBL Decade L26 speakers rated at up to 60W RMS per channel refer http://stereonomono.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/jbl-l26-decade.html 

the Sansui specifications (attached) state 150W at 1,000Hz 43/43W (8ohms) (each channel driven). So will the JBL's be OK to use with this amp?

Thanks, Gary.

DSCN1144.thumb.JPG.58adfcded5e675aac64731c03c4403bd.JPGs power or 43/43W (8ohms) DSCN1145.thumb.JPG.7aef68d9f8bca86b48da0bbcf3ba9251.JPG

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters

Surprised no one commented here yet!

The JBL's are a perfect match for the Sansui, although the L26's weren't the bees knees of the range of that era, I bet they'd sound fine

The 7500 may only pack 32w but it could still push the twenty sixes well into the fry zone 

On 5/9/2017 at 9:58 PM, Powerglide said:

Surprised no one commented here yet!

The JBL's are a perfect match for the Sansui, although the L26's weren't the bees knees of the range of that era, I bet they'd sound fine

The 7500 may only pack 32w but it could still push the twenty sixes well into the fry zone 

Thanks Powerglide, i was beginning to wonder if i was cursed! I just didn't want to risk blowing up the L26s & don't have much eletronics knowledge.The L26s have been 'retweeted' (something the Donald would experience) with better sounding tweeters than the originals, based on listening to some restored L26s, but admittedly it wasn't an A/B comparison.  i won't wind the volume up too high then.