FS: Sanders pre and Magtech power amp. Price DROPPED!!!!!

SOLD

Item: Sanders pre  (pre is now sold) & Magtech power amp
Price: 4500 or ono. For the power amp.
Item Condition: very good, no marks what so ever. The remote has a mark but operating just fine.
Reason for selling: Trying Aussie made, might regret selling this.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Need no introduction, perfect fit of Maggie lovers. Can drive @1ohm stable. Power rated at 500w/CH at 8ohms.

Comes with original manual. Have the original box for the power amp.  Buyer pays for shipping.

Both pre & power are in excellent condition. 2nd owner. Can pass original owner info for any warranty issues if ever needed.  But my dealings with Rogers Sanders, he doesn't even request this info.  Having said that both these items have no issues what so ever. 

Links:

http://sanderssoundsystems.com/products/amplifiers/magtech-amp

http://sanderssoundsystems.com/products/preamplifier

Pictures:IMG_20170429_220924.thumb.jpg.9923e690dd00aafc6f3d628faea86808.jpg

IMG_20170429_220953.jpg

IMG_20170429_221054.jpg

IMG_20170429_221341.jpg

IMG_20170429_221812.jpg

Edited by Sirmorebeer
Pre sold, updated price to reflect.
  • Like 2

Fabricated by the fantastic ex-Threshold guys from Coda and assembled by Sanders Sound Systems. 8) These are excellent machines. Google for some inside pics - they're beautifully built - *lots* of output devices and look a lot like Pass Labs could have made the boards. Some old engineering habits die hard perhaps. A very interesting and ingenious power supply regulation solution though.. almost like a zero-crossing dimmer circuit. I've never seen this anywhere else. The preamps were minimalist FET designs (a lot like the famous Threshold ones) but with high end volume control chips instead of pots (at the time the Crystal Semiconductor one in mine was used by Krell concurrently also in some of their products). My very similar looking Coda preamp even had quality heavy, gold plated circuit boards. If anything it was *less* colored than my Threshold FET10, single-ended. Great gear!

Edited by treuben
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, treuben said:

Fabricated by the fantastic ex-Threshold guys from Coda and assembled by Sanders Sound Systems. 8) These are excellent machines. Google for some inside pics - they're beautifully built - *lots* of output devices and look a lot like Pass Labs could have made the boards. Some old engineering habits die hard perhaps. A very interesting and ingenious power supply regulation solution though.. almost like a zero-crossing dimmer circuit. I've never seen this anywhere else. The preamps were minimalist FET designs (a lot like the famous Threshold ones) but with high end volume control chips instead of pots (at the time the Crystal Semiconductor one in mine was used by Krell concurrently also in some of their products). My very similar looking Coda preamp even had quality heavy, gold plated circuit boards. If anything it was *less* colored than my Threshold FET10, single-ended. Great gear!

The built quality is superb.  I won't let mine go, and thanks for the insight on who designed it.  

The pre and power consist of LSK 389 jfet on the front end, the power amp output devices are complementary On Semi mjl4281 with a pair of thermal trak stretegically placed on the heatsink.  The volume control uses a BB PGA 2130 chip that's also found in the AVM ovation pre starting at $18k.  You won't see build like this, minimum wiring and using gold plated connectors for ease and error free servicing, good luck if you can find an Australian product built to this standard.

Heres some pics:

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

Edited by Addicted to music
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

Mmmmmm.....somehow this thread tells me you don't need real grunt and fitness anymore?    :D :party:thumb:

TBH I got too many amps, none lacking in grant and finesse. But they all sound different to my ears. Misses says I can only keep one. Darn...so much for being a plygomisy...:D

Edited by Sirmorebeer

14 minutes ago, DMax said:

What's the current output for this amp? High wattage in the specs but no details on the current?

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Yes.  I was never able to find any official figure, either from Sanders or from a reviewer (who would probably only reprint what Sanders told them anyway).

I did come across a forum-poster like us that said 150amps.  Who was he? and where did he get that figure from?, is it right?; who knows.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, aechmea said:

Yes.  I was never able to find any official figure, either from Sanders or from a reviewer (who would probably only reprint what Sanders told them anyway).

I did come across a forum-poster like us that said 150amps.  Who was he? and where did he get that figure from?, is it right?; who knows.

The output consist of 8 pairs of complementary On Semi mjl 4281 and 2 pairs of thermal trak NJL4281 They are 15A max/device.  

so that  totals to 10 complementary pairs capable of 150A 

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NJL4281D-D.PDF

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MJL4281A-D.PDF

The rail voltage are 95-98V with a 240VAC.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sirmorebeer said:

Sanders Magtech design is based on regulated PSU:

http://sanderssoundsystems.com/products/amplifiers

White papers:

http://sanderssoundsystems.com/technical-white-papers/161-the-magtech-regulated-power-supply-wp

@Addicted to music care to electorate further?

@treuben

will have more more info than I would.   

The white paper explains that it regulates the power when it's needed in a nut shell.   I haven't gone into that detail and traced the components on the 3rd centre pcb where the 8x 8200uf 120V filter caps are mounted and soldered underneath.  You can see that there are ICs and components on the right of the pic I posted and there are huge diodes on the amplifier modules that I've never seen on any design.  The PSU is a typical linear type that's regulated.  

Ive actually measured mine on idle and it consumes 46w total.  So it runs stone cold when it's sitting with power on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Addicted to music said:

The output consist of 8 pairs of complementary On Semi mjl 4281 and 2 pairs of thermal trak NJL4281 They are 15A max/device.  

so that  totals to 10 complementary pairs capable of 150A 

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/NJL4281D-D.PDF

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/MJL4281A-D.PDF

The rail voltage are 95-98V with a 240VAC.  

Thanks Addicted.  150 it is then.

Sirmorebeer does indeed have these lovely amps, they were driving some very nice dynaudios when I heard them.

Excellent buying here.

Buy with confidence.

Edited by buddyev
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sirmorebeer said:

Okay, apparently a newbie wants some proof I have Sanders gears. So one more pic.:unsure:. @joz, @Addicted to music, @buddyev and @AlurkA and @Sir Sanders Zingmore who has been to my place, what do you guys reckon? :)

IMG_20170502_082020.jpg

I can confirmed @Simorebeer has Sanders Electronics, I was there with a bunch of other SNAers driving his Dynaudios.  Memorable GTG.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sirmorebeer said:

Okay, apparently a newbie wants some proof I have Sanders gears. So one more pic.:unsure:. @joz, @Addicted to music, @buddyev and @AlurkA and @Sir Sanders Zingmore who has been to my place, what do you guys reckon? :)

IMG_20170502_082020.jpg

Can also vouch for @Sirmorebeer.

His gear is kept in immaculate condition and Sirmorebeer is a genuinely nice guy. (And cooks a mean chicken skewer !!)

This Sanders pair can be bought with confidence. :) 

• Like 1