Genesis 1 behemoths for sale in Perth.

Guest BobbyD
20 minutes ago, unclemack said:

Agreed..a 90k speaker system on Gumtree? Definitely a story there.

There is a related 120 W OTL valve amp for sale where they share the story...

70 years old and downsizing to a smaller home.

Opportunity here for someone if this is their thing........oh, and if you have the spare mooola:D 

9 minutes ago, SETSergio said:

There is a related 120 W OTL valve amp for sale where they share the story...

70 years old and downsizing to a smaller home.

Opportunity here for someone if this is their thing........oh, and if you have the spare mooola:D 

Yep, that's not an uncommon scenario. "Downsizing" usually means going into supported care/ retirement village. Many of us may suffer the same fate...

hope he gets what it's worth..

M

• Like 2

Guest BobbyD
Just now, unclemack said:

Yep, that's not an uncommon scenario. "Downsizing" usually means going into supported care/ retirement village. Many of us may suffer the same fate...

hope he gets what it's worth..

M

Too true...... I always remember what Warren Zevon used to say....... Enjoy every sandwich..... Whatever that means to you...:wacko:   One day it could be one of us..

I hope he gets what he's after too. But I would imagine the market would be pretty small.

I think someone will get a stonking bargain, especially if it comes to the point where he has too sell before he moves. :(

Cheers Dave 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, unclemack said:

Agreed..a 90k speaker system on Gumtree? Definitely a story there.

90Kg???  1200 Kg .......This is from the Genesis 1.1 user manual - I love the bit about potential damage to your back!

Unpacking

The Genesis 1.1 system is packed in eight (8) wooden shipping crates and four (4) cardboard boxes. There are two crates containing a woofer tower each, two midrange/tweeter wing-panel crates containing two wings per crate, two crates each containing the midrange ribbon and tweeters mounted on a CorianTM panel, a crate with the two midrange/tweeter wing bases, and another one with the two woofer tower bases. There will also be a box containing two crossover boxes, two boxes each holding a 6-channel servo- controlled bass amplifier, and a box containing all the supplied connecting cables.

To remove the contents of all the crates, you will need at least three immensely strong people – the Genesis 1.1 loudspeaker system weighs a total of 2,640 lbs (1,200kg) – to move the various parts of the speakers around. We cannot be held liable for damage to either the speakers or your backs during unpacking and setting up.

First, determine where you will be placing the speakers. They are extremely heavy, so some forward planning will come in handy. Depending on the surface they are set on, you may find that the speakers are impossible to shift after setting up. Please see the section on placement and carefully mark up the places where you will set the four columns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frankn said:

90Kg???  1200 Kg .......This is from the Genesis 1.1 user manual - I love the bit about potential damage to your back!

Unpacking

The Genesis 1.1 system is packed in eight (8) wooden shipping crates and four (4) cardboard boxes. There are two crates containing a woofer tower each, two midrange/tweeter wing-panel crates containing two wings per crate, two crates each containing the midrange ribbon and tweeters mounted on a CorianTM panel, a crate with the two midrange/tweeter wing bases, and another one with the two woofer tower bases. There will also be a box containing two crossover boxes, two boxes each holding a 6-channel servo- controlled bass amplifier, and a box containing all the supplied connecting cables.

To remove the contents of all the crates, you will need at least three immensely strong people – the Genesis 1.1 loudspeaker system weighs a total of 2,640 lbs (1,200kg) – to move the various parts of the speakers around. We cannot be held liable for damage to either the speakers or your backs during unpacking and setting up.

First, determine where you will be placing the speakers. They are extremely heavy, so some forward planning will come in handy. Depending on the surface they are set on, you may find that the speakers are impossible to shift after setting up. Please see the section on placement and carefully mark up the places where you will set the four columns. 

90k as in $90,000 not as in 90 kg.

• Like 3

Magic speakers, I hope he didn't try to drive them with the OTL's he's also advertising, they need current and wattage, one thing OTL's don't do is current.

Similar to the Infinity's 4f14ec14e2c37154b70ed7dfc2378cd1.jpg

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi
  • Like 2

well he said negotiable......

how 'bout the following as the opening offer - well......if you give me (buyer) a couple of hundred to take them off your hands!

or

I'll give you 30K but you(seller) pay shipping, insurance and handling to "insert post code"

:P 

7 hours ago, rabidlistener said:

I like the 'you may be interested' section at the bottom of the ad - a pair of Sony towersa for $30. Talk about from the sublime to the ridiculous!

Mike

PS I thought I had heavy speakers @ 55kgs each

Yes, I saw that and had a not so quiet chortle.

Must be something going on with the well off hill Billy's in them Perth hills areas as there are also a pair of B&W 800D in gumtree for $25k, and Whatmough Signature 505 for $13k, they might have found oil or pots of hidden gold under the Jarrah trees.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kalamunda/speakers/b-w-800-diamond-immaculate-hi-end-speakers-au-25-000/1144828442

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/armadale/speakers/signature-speakers-505/1145691815

Edited by Al.M

6 hours ago, Jones99 said:

Sheesh.....have a real soft spot for Genisis....the Mrs would not be happy if I came home with these and added to the collection....may be worth it though at the right price.....

I've got a ute you can borrow to go pick them up. I'm sure there will be some other SNA members that give us a lift with them. ;) :D