hired goon

Embedding bandcamp player in posts?

I make a lot of recommendations on SNA to music on bandcamp, and it would be nice if I could embed the bandcamp player in posts, instead of a posting an image and a link. Is this possible? I've tried wrapping a '[bandcamp]' tag around a URL, and including the HTML generated for embedding a player (an <iframe ...>), but to no avail.

Dunno if there's a simple way to parse a bandcamp URL and auto-embed a player (as for images and youtube content), or if there's some other way of achieving this, or if it's just something that won't be supported here.

--Geoff

Marc   

I'll take a look into this over the weekend and see if I can find a solution Geoff.

Just now, Marc said:

I'll take a look into this over the weekend and see if I can find a solution Geoff.

Thanks ... although it's not urgent or a priority. Would be nice to have, but no big deal if not.

--Geoff 

As an example here's the HTML for embedding a player:

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=1237933334/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://3six.bandcamp.com/album/bass-communion-remixed-by-36">Bass Communion Remixed by 36 by 36</a></iframe>

which should display an image like this:

vURrOJQ.png

Dunno how you feel about embedding external iframes within posts.

There is a wordpress variant:

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=1237933334 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false]

which would probably require effort to parse and convert to HTML like the above.

Again, would be nice to have, if possible, but no matter if not.

--Geoff

Marc   

Unfortunately BandCamp doesn't support auto-embed (that's the non complicated answer).

There is a workaround, but it breaks our mobile view of the site.

I won't give up yet.