FOUND: WTB: Turntable + phono amp

LeeVit

Item: Turntable + phono amp 
Price Range: $500
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I'm starting my vinyl collection again, I'm wanting a nice deck and phono amp to get me started, I'm in the Brisbane area so I can pick up locally, thanks.

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

Edited by LeeVit
Missing title

7 minutes ago, Marc said:

Just slightly out of your budget, but brand new at least:

http://www.stereo.net.au/news/now-is-the-time-to-buy-a-music-hall-turntable

Good timing ... ?

Umm with respect, Marc ... the OP said he wants to spend $500 for a "nice deck and phono amp".  So I suggest the Music Hall offer is waaay over his budget.

Andy

• Administrator

I overlooked the phono amp bit.

But, with memory still fresh from when I ventured into vinyl for the first time, it would pay to wait longer, save more, and spend a little more budget than your $500 combined. I bought an "entry level" turntable at 4 times that budget that ended up costing a lot more in the long run for what should have been a $600 turntable at best.

How about the Pioneer PLX500. 

Fully loaded including a cart and built in phono stage. 

I have not heard this model but the bigger brother PX1000 is excellent for the money. 

https://www.storedj.com.au//pioneer-plx500-turntable-in-black-cartridge-included?gclid=Cj0KEQjwuOHHBRDmvsHs8PukyIQBEiQAlEMW0DafNNmxfWkMxY6eaK5gNIOIkfIe224gIbG0-3aVCmAaAoE_8P8HAQ

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions guys, it's not my first foray into vinyl however, I have fond memories of my planar 2, RD11 and a couple of pro-jects, debut III and RPM 4 oh and a nad 533. I have seen the offerings from pro-ject and will probably buy if nothing turns up here, I'm appreciating all the suggestions, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about it, the planar 2 with goldring mm 1012 playing through my old exposure super xv feeding a pair of royd Abbott speakers was a mighty fine combo back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lee

I am in Brisbane and currently have a near new Stanton T92 listed on ebay. opening bid $175  buy it now $250 . The cheapest price for this TT new is currently $449.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/142354198036?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This TT came with a record collection I purchased and had only been used to transfer the collection to digital.

You have the option of using the in built phono and when you decide to up grade you will probably be able to recoup all your out lay.

I have a Rega Planar 2 for my main TT. Afraid it is not for sale.

stanton.thumb.jpg.7e19af60bce8e1944801748ecae2b405.jpg

58f92d316f826_regap22.thumb.jpg.7522e7ba2495fc1594a936358b4d4602.jpg

Edited by EV Cali
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WaveR said:

Still a good deal compared to a Rega P1, but link appears to  indicate price is AU $414.95?

Edited by EV Cali

1 minute ago, WaveR said:

@EV Cali You need to apply 20% discount code C20SHOP at the checkout 

I did not see the discount code. That is a really good deal.

Perhaps you could post a mention of it in the Turntable thread.

Looks very similar to a P1 and a lot cheaper