Guest Misterioso
SOLD

Item: Marantz CD-16 "exclusive" CD player, no 169/300
Price: AUD 800
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: No longer required
Payment Method: Cash, Paypal (+ 4%), COD

Extra Info: 

The Marantz CD-16 exclusive is a special edition of the Marantz CD-16 for the German market. It was produced at the end of 1995 in a limited edition of 300. Mine is no. 169/300. This is a 230V unit.

I am the first owner. I bought this CD player on 9.1.1996 (see original invoice below). I paid DM 4500 (the old German currency, roughly 2300 Euro in 1995 prices). The player was about DM 1000 more expensive than the standard CD-16. The player was modified by the Marantz team around Ken Ichiwata and Rainer Finck. To be honest, I don't remember the details of the modification. Like the standard CD-16, the CD-16 exclusive uses two Philips TDA1547 DACs and the high-end drive Philips CDM-4/36 metallic. The player is built like a tank and very heavy. 

The player is in outstanding cosmetic and technical condition. I cannot find any scratch. The player was serviced in 2015 by the Australian Marantz distributor, Qualifi. It needed a new belt and the German power plug was exchanged with an Australian one (Clipsal) at this occasion. See the original invoice from 18.09.2015 below. It is good to know that Marantz still services these players and that original belts are still available. Qualifi charged me AUD 100, which I found very fair. The player has been working without any problem after this service (like it has done from 1995-2015). 

The player comes in its original box, including all original accessories (remote control, transportation safety screws and drawer protection etc.). The manual and all other paperwork (guarantee card, two pages about the special edition etc.) are in top condition. The original box is still in excellent condition and could be used for postage.

Pictures: see below

JI5_7250.jpg

JI5_7251.jpg

JI5_7254.jpg

JI5_7255.jpg

JI5_7257.jpg

JI5_7261.jpg

JI5_7262.jpg

JI5_7263.jpg

JI5_7276.jpg

Edited by Misterioso
typo