FS: (PERTH WA) AUDIO NOTE P2SE POWER AMPLIFIER WITH EXTERNAL PSU

Guest BobbyD

Guest BobbyD
SOLD

Item: Audio Note P2SE Power Amplifier with External Power Supply Unit

Location: Perth WA (Prefer local buyer as these are very heavy, but can pack safely for interstate buyers if they arrange their own transport)
Price: $2,500 (Firm)
 with a donation to SNA
Item Condition: Very good relative to age

Reason for selling: Selling for a friend who has upgraded to 300B PSE Mono Blocks

Payment Method: Cash on pick up for locals with direct deposit if shipping interstate.

Extra Info: 

Please do not let the looks fool you, this is a serious single ended Class A amplifier.

·         This unit was previously owned by me hence the reason I am helping out a good friend to sell.

·         It was purchased as a used stock Audio Note P2SE from Audio Synergy in Perth back in about 2004 and it sounded very good, it now sounds amazing with the external power supply unit and upgraded bits fitted by Audio Synergy.

·         Those that know Audio Synergy will understand what Clifford can do with valve rectified power supplies.

·         This baby produces 18 glorious watts of Class A goodness, which means more speaker options (and loudness if that is what you desire, I never found it necessary to crank the volume, as the dynamics where available from the very first watt).

·         The external PSU means you can keep power away from signal and provide loads of quality grunt to control most normal speaker loads (it has been used for a while with 87 db Proac Tablette 2000 and Usher Dancer Mini X and both sounded great).

·         The PSU (refer pics) uses 2 x Philips Miniwatt 5AR4 CV1377 NOS 1962 (1 per channel) and is choke smoothed and connected to the signal unit by 2 leads which attach at rear. It’s all housed in an old AN DAC 1 box.

·         The Signal unit has 2 x 6SL7 (NOS Sylvania) feeding 2 pairs of 6L6 tubes (hence Parallel single ended - refer photo). It has both 4 & 8 Ohm taps.

·         A pre amp is not required as this unit has a volume control, however I would recommend using a valve Pre amp to get the best out of the unit.

·         Please PM me for any questions you may have and I am sure that an audition will not disappoint.

·         Spare valves are included in the sale price – all up you will get - 3 quads of 6L6 , 2 pairs 5AR4 and 2 pairs 6SL7.

·         I am not sure if the electrical disclaimer is required as I did not modify this unit myself, but it is included.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Pictures:

post-146680-0-97692300-1420593391.jpg

post-146680-0-53178600-1420593349.jpgpost-146680-0-39113200-1420593308.jpgpost-146680-0-74747100-1420593256.jpgpost-146680-0-54652200-1420593227.jpgpost-146680-0-28019000-1420593328.jpg

Edited by BobbyD
Formatting.

Guest BobbyD
13 minutes ago, crustycottage said:

I would really consider this if I hadn't meandered so far down the Naim garden path. 

I have dealt with Sergo before with no issues whatsoever. 

GLWTS

You would really love this Crusty....:D. Thanks matey

Guest BobbyD
12 minutes ago, doogie44 said:

There is no end to the choice and tasty gear available on this Forum!

GLWTS

Thanks David, hope you are keeping well.......

Guest BobbyD

I notice we have 8 people following this thread, so in the interests of getting things moving, I would like to advise that I will be heading out of the country on May 1.

If anyone is seriously interested and would like to audition sooner rather than later please PM me while I am still in town as I will be away for 3 weeks looking to catch some waves.

:)

I will be staying tuned to sna while away.

Aloha folks......

Guest BobbyD

:anyone:

Happy to demo to anyone looking for a classy valve amp.

This amp produces 18 W of glorious Class A goodness, check out the power supply........ rugged!!

There are lots of fans out there of 6L6 tubed amps for good reason ;)

Guest BobbyD
5 minutes ago, Nap250 said:

There is some very nice gear coming up in Perth. Perhaps you could include Sydney in your surfing trip and bring your amp.

Thanks for the kind words @Nap250............. I owned this amp for many years and was very happy, had to spend a "lot" more on my current 300B amp to better this AN.

The beauty with 18W is more speaker options, it was a match made in heaven with my Proac Tablette 2000 and my buddy has been driving some Usher Baby Dancers.....stunning!!!

:thumb:

Guest BobbyD

I have just had the word, sell this amp.

:anyone:

It was listed at $2,500.

This is a serious piece of hifi kit as some of you will know.

A serious offer can make this yours, anyone?

Become an Audio Note owner now.