Watched Patriots day on uhd the other day,

SDC_2335829_2017-11-4--08-35-59.jpg

I wasnt so sure about watching the film as maybe I know the story... is it going to be a american patriotic affair...

but watching and I tend to do without finding out too much about a film, I was actually quite moved by the film. Its really very well made. It has some startling realism to it. based on real events probably influences the film greatly. but they have used to very good effect a mix of movie making and real footage and real storyline of events. You really feel the human side to things... from both sides. and the ending is done just so well. I saw some connections with lone survivor which has same director and also american sniper.

The UHD HDR aspect doesnt get a great start with the movie starting off in some dim inner surrounds of some old house or something. but otherwise its shot well with the street scenes etc, but I wouldn't say its a major call out for this movie. the audio with its 3D audio sound track is stunning in parts and sure as hell adds to the realism factor ! with 13 or so speakers all around it really puts you in the midsts of the scenes. I kid you not really feel there. and no doubt helped a lot of impact of the film.

as someone who does a bit of running and connected to some in the running community, also had a boss who ran at boston, perhaps there are other reasons this film hit home. its a rare thing where movies connect in some way but incredibly moved by this one, even though quite a simple movie in ways it sure hit home.

I'd give this one about a 4 for the movie, 5 for the audio and 3.5 for picture.

Nice review , I wasn't sure about that movie - the title put me off a bit and mark walbergh is starting to stereotype those roles abit. Might get the BR after reading this 8)