New member Melbourne

Hi guys,

I'm a new member here from Melbourne. 

Re-kindling my passion for audio after years in the wilderness.

Love the supportive community on here and look forward to getting to know some of you.

Some of my past equipment includes:

B&W Dm580 speakers

Rotel RA-840BX3

Proton power D1200 & Pre 1100

Nad 352 integrated amp

Currently seeking an Arcam irDac and Cambridge audio CXC CD transport.

cheers

Gary

Edited by Gary444

Thanks David for the greeting. You guys are pretty great!  Have read / learnt so much here. I've only just joined and already got one of the components I was looking for. The Arcam irDac - got it through here a few hours ago! It is brilliant!

Now onto the Cambridge CXC transport! 

cheers

Gary

Hey Lee, 

Yep, I sure am. And very impressed with the irDac too - have been using it all evening! Have paired it with my TASCAM CD-RW900sl CD recorder till the dedicated CXC transport comes along. I like a really warm analogue sound for vocalists, Jazz and soundtracks and the irDac certainly delivers this.

Are you after the Cambridge CXC also? I'm hoping one will come up on here but prepared to get one new if I have to.

Have a good one!

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

I have been looking at the cxc transport but I'm undecided. I have been using an iPad and a pc with the irdac and been getting great results, there is a definite analogue quality which probably helps with the pc audio. I have read that the dac responds well to good quality cables I'm still on cheap quality at the moment but may be worth a listen.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep Lee I see why you are undecided if much of your material is audio file. It's difficult to make absolute decisions when there is so much choice out there, all competing for user preference, but in contrast to your dilemma I have 2000+ CD's, many of which are rare and I won't be passing up soon (also I love the tactility of the CD and LP's for that matter, which is an important part of the experience for me), so the transport is a no brainer. I am about to look into some better cabling too so thanks for the tip.

Best of luck with your decision!

cheers

G.

Edited by Gary444