FS: [Adelaide] Whatmough 202 speakers, stands, cables

SOLD

Item: Whatmough 202 speakers, plus stands and cables
Price: $400
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: Too bulky for new room
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
Extra Info:

I’m selling a pair of Whatmough 202 Export speakers, with stands and cables.  I’m the only owner, I bought these new in 1993.

They’ve had an easy life, and they still work fine, the only issues are:

• Some lifting of the vinyl wrap, should be easily fixable with careful glueing, and
  • I no longer have the metal bits on the speaker terminals to bridge the terminals together.  But I’m including a pair of Supra Quattro Pro bi-wired cables, so this shouldn’t be an issue.

I bought the stands with the speakers, but I don’t think they’re dedicated stands, I suspect they’re generic ones.

We’ve recently moved house, and these speakers are a bit bulky for the new listening room, so I’m replacing the 202s with something smaller.

The lifting of some of the vinyl wrap is most apparent on the RHS speaker; I've shown this in the photos.  There's a couple of other small spots as well, someone with steady hand and a glue gun should be able to fix this easily.  But I'd rather sell these as-is, rather than being accused of trying to hide something :)

You’re welcome to come and listen to these before buying.  If needed I can ship via Pack & Send, but that would be at the buyer's cost which probably would be very expensive, and I wouldn’t be able to guarantee that the speakers arrive to you in the condition that I sent them, it’d need to be at the buyer’s risk.

For that reason, local demo & pickup is preferred.

Pictures:

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

• Like 1

Can you post a pic of the drivers?

Interested to see the tweeters on these...

You are correct, those stands aren't the dedicated Whatmough stands used with the 202s

The top plate looks too small for the speaker's base diameter, could be a Lovan design...

Edited by bvuka2013
  • Like 1