Nap250

Pioneer Kuro Black bar has appeared

136 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, unclemack said:

If there's not a grand that could be trimmed off I'd be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wont pay more than a $1k for UHD LED/OLED.

TV screen technology is shifting at a rapid rate.  

These kick a...se  SOTA SONIQ 42" are awesome value.   These are on 24/7 for almost 2.5 yrs and have never had an issue.....

They even get calibrated to print!   :thumb:

whats there to whinge if there's a bit of digitisation on moving object, because these are around the $600 2.5yrs prior....  who cares!

IMG_1348.PNG

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, unclemack said:

If there's not a grand that could be trimmed off I'd be surprised.

Tell me where I can get it for $4000 and i'll be there in a flash! Seems like stock is low and not sure if they will be ordering much more. JB are selling them for $5.5 but HN will sell for a little over $4.5K.

I offered $4400 and they couldn't/wouldn't do it so I walked to fight another day.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Mr_Gadget said:

Tell me where I can get it for $4000 and i'll be there in a flash! Seems like stock is low and not sure if they will be ordering much more. JB are selling them for $5.5 but HN will sell for a little over $4.5K.

I offered $4400 and they couldn't/wouldn't do it so I walked to fight another day.

JB will price match and they have some extended warranty thrown in as well. 

JB will price match and they have some extended warranty thrown in as well. 

Yep at over 4K you'll have 3.5 years of warranty. Unlike those HN dorks. But the tv would have to be a special order via JB so pricing may not be that sweet. Despite others suggesting that we price match. This would have to be checked.

Don't AMEX double any warranty given if you buy it on their card?

I know that if your purchase on a Coles Mastercard and there is a sudden price drop of the item you purchased, you can claim a reimbursement of the price difference.

On 11/04/2017 at 8:32 AM, unclemack said:

Well. I stand corrected. 5k is not unreasonable either however it's right at the Oled price point. I reckon this could be bargained down too. Very nice. Thanks mate. M

Mack

I see you guys are now selling the Z9.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/hd-televisions/sony/sony-bravia-65-4k-hdr-uhd-led-lcd-tv/312400/

We've still got a Pioneer Kuro 50" and it is such a magnificent TV.  We bought one of the last ones JB had in NSW then no more. I can't remember the model number.  

I have been shopping around for another tele (different room) and there are some really nice TVs on the market but there is just something so natural about the Kuro (perhaps something to do with the brightness and contrast settings all set to 11 in the stores).

Funny story - I took it into a repair shop a year ago because of an odd random crackling sound behind the panel on startup, nothing wrong with the picture or sound.  The repair guy was great - he tested everything and rang me back and asked "Do you use it much?".  I replied "Not really" and he said "yeah so that's your problem".  So we started to use it more and the crackling went away...

Not missing the Kuro at all. The 2017 model LG OLED is fabulous especially with Hi Def streaming on Netflix. HD NRL is also excellent although it does really show the ABC in a very poor light. If sport and movies are your thing this TV is well worth a look.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Nap250 said:

Not missing the Kuro at all. The 2017 model LG OLED is fabulous especially with Hi Def streaming on Netflix. HD NRL is also excellent although it does really show the ABC in a very poor light. If sport and movies are your thing this TV is well worth a look.

good to hear ! this on the latest c7 you went with ? whats up with ABC ?

ABC resolution isn't so sharp, and I don't know why. The signal is strong as well and no issues previously with the Kuro. 

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rx7rotary
      Item: Pioneer SA-8500II - 1976
      Price: $700.00
      Item Condition: immaculate 
      Reason for selling: downsizing collection
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

The Integrated Amplifier which pursued high-quality sound-ization, such as adopting 2 power transformers of a right-and-left independency in order to improve a dynamic behavior. 

While having adopted a differential, a three-step hardwired-connection final-stage Class-A operation, pure complimentary SEPP, and positive/negative 2 power source of the first rank as an equalizer part and aiming at a distorted reduction,The modification of a property is aimed at by using the NFB element (±1% of an error, the nichrome vapor-deposition metal film resistor of temperature characteristic±50 part per million/c, styrene capacitor of ±2% of an error) selected carefully. Moreover, the improvement in an SN ratio was aimed at by selecting carefully and adopting especially a low-noise transistor as the first rank differential amplifier, and 250mV of maximum permissible inputs have been obtained by supplying the voltage of ±25V to a circuitry.  In order to demonstrate the performance of various cartridges, the circuit changing switch from which four kinds of cartridge load capacity can be chosen is carried. The load capacity which was suitable for the using cartridge by this can be set up. 

The two-step hardwired-connection flat amplifier of a control part chooses the operating point as the linear area of a transistor by making the first rank into a differential amplification, and is aiming at the distorted reduction. Moreover, the tone control has adopted the 3 steps of turnover switching. 
      It is adopted as a control knob with the click stop which is easy to use, and also also has the tone on-off switchpoint.  The attenuator type of 32 steps is adopted as a volume, and there is little gang error between right-and-left channels as less than 0.5dB, and it also serves as indicated value of the panel side with an error of less than ±0.5dB. Furthermore, it has a muting lever of -20dB, and more delicate volume control is possible. 

The circuitry of the power amplifier part consists of a 2 steps of ±2 powering and differentials amplification current mirror circuitry, a final-stage parallel push pull, and a pure complimentary OCL circuitry. 
      The dual transistor where the property was stabilized is used for the differential-amplification part of the first rank, and it is reducing the eventh harmonic content by considering a pre driver or later as a push pull drive while making the pre-driver stage into a current mirror circuitry, applying sufficient NFB and reducing distortion. The good chimney style radiator of the heat-dissipation effect is adopted as a heat dissipation. 

The power-source part had adopted two power transformers and the capacitor of 10,000 micro Fx4, eliminated the cross interferencee between channels in the power-source part, and has improved the channel separation.  The protection network consists of quick electronic circuitries of a power relay and a response. 
      Moreover, the it1 sound at the time of power activation is also eliminated. Functionalities, such as a separation termination of a preamplifier and power amplifier, a two-line tapes monitor and a loudness contour, a low cut (subsonic speed), and a high cut-off filter, are carried. 

Form Stereo Integrated Amplifier <Power amplifier part> Circuit system 2 steps of differentials whole page hardwired-connection parallel PP pure complimentary OCL Effective output 
      (Both channel drive, 20Hz - 20kHz) 75W+75W (4ohm) 
      60W+60W (8ohm) THD (20Hz - 20kHz) 0.05% (at the time of an effective output) 
      0.01% (at the time of 30W output 8ohm) 
      0.01% (at the time of 1W output 8ohm) Cross modulation distortion (50Hz:7kHz=4:1) 0.05% (at the time of an effective output) 
      0.01% (at the time of 30W output 8ohm) 
      0.01% (at the time of 1W output 8ohm) Output bandwidth (IHF, both channel drive) 5Hz - 45kHz (0.05% of distortion) Frequency characteristic 5Hz-100kHz+0 -1 dB Input sensitivity/impedance Power amp in: 1V/50kohm Output-terminal Speaker A-B: 4ohm-16ohm 
      Speaker A+B: 8ohm-16ohm 
      Headphone: 4ohms - 16ohms Dumping factor 30 (20Hz - 20kHz, 8ohm) S/N 110dB (IHF, A network, a short circuit) <Preamplifier part> Circuit system Equalizer-amplifier part: 3 steps of first rank differentials hardwired-connection Class-A SEPP 
      Tone control part: 2 steps of first rank differentials hardwired-connection flat amplifier, 
      3 steps of turnover switching NFB type tone Input sensitivity/impedance Phono1, 2:2.5mV/50kohm 
      Cartridge load capacity: 100pF, 200pF, 300pF, 400pF (Phono1 and 2) 
      Tuner, Aux, Tape play1, 2:150mV / 50kohm Phono maximum permissible input Phono1, 2:250mV (1kHz, 0.05% of THD) An Output voltage/impedance Tape rec1, 2:150mV 
      Pre out: 1V/2kohm, 6V/2kohm (max) THD (20Hz - 20kHz) 0.02% (1V output) 
      0.1% (6V output) Frequency characteristic Phono: 20Hz-20kHz±0.2dB 
      Tuner, Aux, and Tape play:5Hz-50kHz+0 -1 dB Tone control Bass: ±10dB (25Hz, 50Hz, 100Hz) 
      Turnover frequency: 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz Treble: ±10dB (8kHz, 16kHz, 32kHz) 
      Turnover frequency: 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz Filter Low: 15Hz, 6dB / oct 
      High: 8kHz, 6dB / oct Loudness contour 
      (Volume -40dB) +6dB(100Hz) 
      +3dB(10kHz) Muting -20dB S/N (IHF, A network) 
      Short circuit Phono:75dB 
      Tuner, Aux, Tape play: 95dB <Synthesis> The semiconductor used Transistor: 47 pieces 
      Diode,others: 27 pieces AC outlet Power-switch interlock: Two lines 
      Power-switch un-interlocking.: Two lines Supply voltage AC100V, 50Hz/60Hz Power consumption 150W (Electrical Appliance and Material Control Law) 
      410W (maxima) Dimensions Width 420x height 150x depth of 376mm Weight 13.8kg
       Pictures:

• By Rxw
      Item: Pioneer SC-LX81
      Price: $750ono
      Item Condition: As new (apart from small scatch on face plate as pictured)
      Reason for selling: Upgraded
      Extra Info:

Selling my Pioneer SC-LX81 as I've upgraded. Comes with everything pictured plus the original manual and its working as it was brand new, no faults or problems. Manual states 190W/ch, network capability (DLNA, vTuner, etc) and all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a hi end AVR. Also has MCACC Room correction.

Unfortunately I do not have the box but i'm willing to pack it meticulously and send photos of the pack job before posting.

Review:
      http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/receivers/pioneer-sc-lx81-532595/review

Any questions please feel free to contact me. 

Pictures:

• By burraga
      Item: Pioneer HMP-150
      Price: $2,250 ONO
      Item Condition: Very Good
      Reason for selling: To downsize my vintage equipment.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, EFT
      Extra Info:
      These were top of the line in their day. Speakers are in very good, original condition. Everything works as it should and they sound fantastic! The foam surrounds for the woofers were replaced by Steve at Queensland Speaker Repairs in Nov last year. The crossovers and all drivers were checked at the same time. There is sun bleaching or fading on the side of one of the speakers. This can also be seen on the fabric of the speaker grille. There are minor bumps and marks inline with their age. Original Operating Guide and Brochure are also included. Pick up is preferred but freight can be organised at buyers expense.

Pictures:

• By countcrisp
      Item: Pioneer PL - 6A idler Drive Turntable Early 1960's
      Price:  $599
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Clearing House
      Extra Info:
      Here is my Pioneer PL- 6A in excellent condition. All is in working order and all original. Have had it for over 10 years and was purchased in the US.
      It has a US plug but can plug straight in Aust plug with adapter as turntable is dual voltage.

Pictures:

• By danter
      Item: Pioneer SA7500 II
      Price: $250
      Item Condition: Very good
      Reason for selling:
      Extra Info:
      This is the very hard to find MKII version of the Pioneer SA7500. 45wpc. All outputs and controls working, but this has not been touched or serviced in many years. Smaller footprint than the original SA7500. Great example from Pioneers 'silver era'. Pots could do with a bit of a clean.

Pictures: