Pioneer Kuro Black bar has appeared

17 minutes ago, unclemack said:

If there's not a grand that could be trimmed off I'd be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wont pay more than a $1k for UHD LED/OLED.

TV screen technology is shifting at a rapid rate.  

These kick a...se  SOTA SONIQ 42" are awesome value.   These are on 24/7 for almost 2.5 yrs and have never had an issue.....

They even get calibrated to print!   :thumb:

whats there to whinge if there's a bit of digitisation on moving object, because these are around the $600 2.5yrs prior....  who cares!

IMG_1348.PNG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, unclemack said:

If there's not a grand that could be trimmed off I'd be surprised.

Tell me where I can get it for $4000 and i'll be there in a flash! Seems like stock is low and not sure if they will be ordering much more. JB are selling them for $5.5 but HN will sell for a little over $4.5K.

I offered $4400 and they couldn't/wouldn't do it so I walked to fight another day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr_Gadget said:

Tell me where I can get it for $4000 and i'll be there in a flash! Seems like stock is low and not sure if they will be ordering much more. JB are selling them for $5.5 but HN will sell for a little over $4.5K.

I offered $4400 and they couldn't/wouldn't do it so I walked to fight another day.

JB will price match and they have some extended warranty thrown in as well. 

JB will price match and they have some extended warranty thrown in as well. 

Yep at over 4K you'll have 3.5 years of warranty. Unlike those HN dorks. But the tv would have to be a special order via JB so pricing may not be that sweet. Despite others suggesting that we price match. This would have to be checked.

Don't AMEX double any warranty given if you buy it on their card?

I know that if your purchase on a Coles Mastercard and there is a sudden price drop of the item you purchased, you can claim a reimbursement of the price difference.

On 11/04/2017 at 8:32 AM, unclemack said:

Well. I stand corrected. 5k is not unreasonable either however it's right at the Oled price point. I reckon this could be bargained down too. Very nice. Thanks mate. M

Mack

I see you guys are now selling the Z9.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/hd-televisions/sony/sony-bravia-65-4k-hdr-uhd-led-lcd-tv/312400/

That has to be or soon to be, an outgoing model unless they carry it over for this year. I work at Dandenong so there's little hope I'll ever get to see one there.

We've still got a Pioneer Kuro 50" and it is such a magnificent TV.  We bought one of the last ones JB had in NSW then no more. I can't remember the model number.  

I have been shopping around for another tele (different room) and there are some really nice TVs on the market but there is just something so natural about the Kuro (perhaps something to do with the brightness and contrast settings all set to 11 in the stores).

Funny story - I took it into a repair shop a year ago because of an odd random crackling sound behind the panel on startup, nothing wrong with the picture or sound.  The repair guy was great - he tested everything and rang me back and asked "Do you use it much?".  I replied "Not really" and he said "yeah so that's your problem".  So we started to use it more and the crackling went away...

Not missing the Kuro at all. The 2017 model LG OLED is fabulous especially with Hi Def streaming on Netflix. HD NRL is also excellent although it does really show the ABC in a very poor light. If sport and movies are your thing this TV is well worth a look.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nap250 said:

Not missing the Kuro at all. The 2017 model LG OLED is fabulous especially with Hi Def streaming on Netflix. HD NRL is also excellent although it does really show the ABC in a very poor light. If sport and movies are your thing this TV is well worth a look.

good to hear ! this on the latest c7 you went with ? whats up with ABC ?