Pioneer Kuro Black bar has appeared

58 minutes ago, Qwertyqaz said:

What about pixelation close literally 20 cms away.

I find that annoying with my current LG led.

The mere act of sitting 20cm away from any current TV would be annoying....why would you do this and consider it important?

• Like 1

Just now, Martykt said:

Sure it won't last forever, I don't expect it to.

cross that bridge when come to it ... is my thinking... yes nothing is forever ... but also no point wringing hands that one day something might fail. better to enjoy for what it is :)

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ~Spyne~ said:

The mere act of sitting 20cm away from any current TV would be annoying....why would you do this and consider it important?

I was not making a point, all I want to know is which to has smooth motion for fast pictures even from such close distance.

Guest thathifiguy
Just now, Nap250 said:

Just checked out the OLED LG looks to be the best of the bunch. Although they don't show sports or movies. It is all hi def picture slides. 

I've never noticed any issues with mine for sport or fast movement. I have all the frame rate BS turned off too.

Guest Peter the Greek

We've got a Kuro too....I'd replace it tomorrow if I had the choice. Two reasons (power usage - we're off grid), size, and picture quality - ok, that's three....

The smart functionality of modern tv's is great too - IMO all these things make the Kuro well and truly redundant now...IMO

Edit: and yes, the OLEDs are my favourite too....and seemingly everyone elses.

We're hopefully swapping to a projector at the end of the year, hence why we've not replaced the tele, yet

Edited by Peter the Greek

Definitely can go bigger but be wary with some inferior tech eg some lcds have seen it just makes their issues even more obvious !

check the power consumption, as Oled is like plasma and you'd be looking at say 100 something watts abd with most systems be bigger watt goblers in the 1000s and such

i also recon the smart part is last reason should replace a telly as as literally anything plug into a tv these days could be with smarts built in. Abd otherwise any number of little media players can plug in to make things smart :)

if going projectror i or I simply wouldn't bother drop screen over front of it, it's what I do :)

• Like 1

Guest Peter the Greek
14 minutes ago, :) al said:

if going projectror i or I simply wouldn't bother drop screen over front of it, it's what I do :)

Nah, that's where you're supposed to put the center speaker ;) 

Guest Peter the Greek
3 minutes ago, :) al said:

well ...you ...can...have your cake ...and eat it too :D

LOL - Al I'm hoping to bug the crap out of you with projector questions at some point this year, fingers crossed

This debate could get uglier than the great cable debate. Everyone knows that the Kuro is the best and not yet equalled.

You really believe that or are you having a laugh? It defies any sort of logic.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

Guest thathifiguy
21 minutes ago, Saxon Hall said:

Have to say I agree.

I sold off my LX509 when I moved a couple of years ago.

I was really attached to that TV, but ultimately the OLED was newer, blacks were blacker offered better power consumption and the rest is history.

Pioneer knew how to make a good panel, but I feel like the only part of me that regrets selling it is the nostalgic part.

30 minutes ago, Saxon Hall said:

Most of Kuro owners I know still prefer their Kuro TVs. I wouldn't be changing now if it hadn't died. 

Most other people think plasma TVs are old technology and not as good. 

Edited by Nap250
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sime said:

Rubbish, the current line of OLED is far superior. 

I'm about to put that to the test. Not confident of getting 7 years out of it.

• Like 1

I'm not talking about longevity, I don't, like anyone else here, have a crystal ball, superior is in everything picture wise a tv is designed to do. 

58 minutes ago, thathifiguy said:

Have to say I agree.

I sold off my LX509 when I moved a couple of years ago.

I was really attached to that TV, but ultimately the OLED was newer, blacks were blacker offered better power consumption and the rest is history.

Pioneer knew how to make a good panel, but I feel like the only part of me that regrets selling it is the nostalgic part.

the most hilarious part though.. is that with a geriatric kuro...that works perfectly well... I sorta get the feeling it might last longer or be more reliable than an LG oled :D 

Just now, Qwertyqaz said:

Which oled are you guys getting, and are the prices expected to come done soon ?

theres only 2 models on the market the lg 55 or the lg 65 its either typically $3k or $4k depending on size.

i believe there is a loewe OLED and there is also the sony oled thats coming, but either are quite a bit more expensive. 

I have not read if we are or ever will get the pana oled. regardless there is only one oled panel maker and its LG. where other makers might differ is in how its used/processing etc.

not seen or read any picture comparisons between any of them.

price ? goodness knows.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sime said:

I'll be getting one of the new Sony's near the end of the year at this stage. 

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-a1-oled-review

could be the one to wait for. but am not sure about the screen wobbling tech. oled seems fragile enough as it is :D

no doubt $ony will appropriately price it to match hehe

I'm only getting a Sony simply because out of all the tv's I've ever owned, Sony picture quality is the  only ones I've ever liked. 

Pioneer PQ is the only one I ever liked.

Kills my previous Sony KVEH 36M31 and KVHR 36M31 in every area that matters IMHO.............

YMM obviously V!!!!

Edited by JohnL
  • Like 1