SOLD

Item: Cambridge 840A V1 Integrated Amplifier
Price: $490 + postage
Item Condition: Very Good
Reason for selling: No longer required
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: See below

Pictures: See Below

Up for sale is a Cambridge 840A V1 integrated amplifier. This amp was the first of the Cambridge flagship amps and features an oversized torodial transformer, 120W / channel into 8 ohms, a digital display, 7 RCA inputs plus the option of a balanced input. There is a pre amp connection for a subwoofer or a power amplifier, a HT bypass option, and the Cambridge can be used to run multiple rooms through its A-BUS ready outputs.

I purchased the unit as demo stock from the Australian distributor Synergy Audio in 2013. I used the amplifier in my system for about a year before upgrading. Apart from lending it to a friend for a few months, it has sat in my cupboard ever since.

As far as service history goes, the amp was repaired under warranty a couple of years ago when the volume pot had an issue and the problem has never resurfaced. Recently I have tested it in my system and it sounds great in two – channel mode and in HT bypass. The unit comes with a remote control and an instruction manual (which is marked V2 but I don’t believe there is any functional difference between models, just electronic changes). The unit is in great shape with only a few minor cosmetic marks on the top of the amp. I have the original packaging and can post at buyer’s expense.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/amplifiers/cambridge-audio-azur-840a-279351/review

840A_1.jpg

840A_2.jpg

840A_3.jpg

840A_4.jpg