Vodaphone coverage

Calling all Vodaphone mobile users. Wanting to know how you find the network in country areas? I'm currently with Optus but looking at their plans for the 10-15 days I spend overseas where I can spend $5 a day and use my phone like I would here.

Vodafail coverage is bad even in SA metropolitan suburbs... good luck in the country.

On Vodafone I would get 2 bars max and constant call dropouts at home, managed to get out of my 24 month contract without any exit fees as I had complained about coverage nearly 100 times and also called the Ombudsman several times.

I switched to Optus and haven't looked back, full 4G coverage indoors and even in lifts, no call dropouts and fast data speeds :)

4 hours ago, aasza said:

Vodafail coverage is bad even in SA metropolitan suburbs... good luck in the country.

On Vodafone I would get 2 bars max and constant call dropouts at home, managed to get out of my 24 month contract without any exit fees as I had complained about coverage nearly 100 times and also called the Ombudsman several times.

I switched to Optus and haven't looked back, full 4G coverage indoors and even in lifts, no call dropouts and fast data speeds :)

Yep,

you find that once you try it and if you are on Optus you stay with Optus...

I'd tried it because it had free coverage in NZ but i think that expires and now it's $5 a day.  Even though they say 4G is covered in your area, it's nowhere near the speed as Optus.  The pain is trying to log onto the tower once you hit that search or enter key, it hangs way longer than Optus and then it's not the same speed.  Even though they say unconditionally no questions asked when you cancelled it, they need a reason!  And then they try all sorts to keep you on the contract; this last time,  I used the reason that work issued me a phone; I've had work issue phones since mobiles became available in Australia!  

The last time I tried to get out of the contract was when they took over 3, Vodaphone had no coverage in the Point Cook area, and they where blaming me for applying for a 12 mths contract and said I couldnt get out even though I explained to them they breached contract for not having the coverage, it took a form to be completed to the Ombusman and I still had to pay to get out of the contract.....very diappointing!

Thanks guys, will lock in my Optus contracts with current extra data offers . My only issue is my main holiday destination in Oz only has Telstra coverage. I'll simply arrange an Italian Vodaphone sim for my iPad when over there, I'm told they have best coverage for the town I stay in but no local store.

1 hour ago, blybo said:

Thanks guys, will lock in my Optus contracts with current extra data offers . My only issue is my main holiday destination in Oz only has Telstra coverage. I'll simply arrange an Italian Vodaphone sim for my iPad when over there, I'm told they have best coverage for the town I stay in but no local store.

So.... !!  That  must be 'outside the city'.

1 hour ago, blybo said:

I bought an Italian sim when I was there on vacation a couple of years ago. It was very cheap and came with a free allocation of data for the first month.

I was able to connect with free wi-fi on the computer in many places and when I couldn't connect I used the mobile as tethered internet.

Greg

11 minutes ago, GregWormald said:

I bought an Italian sim when I was there on vacation a couple of years ago. It was very cheap and came with a free allocation of data for the first month.

I was able to connect with free wi-fi on the computer in many places and when I couldn't connect I used the mobile as tethered internet.

Greg

Cheers,

The manager of the hotel I stay at has offered to pick up a sim for me as there is a shop in her home town