Power Conditioner: difference in digital and analogue output plugs

Hi,

I have a Magnet L1 Conditioner that has:

2x amp outputs

2x digital outputs

3x analogue outputs

I'm already using two of the analogue outputs for my preamp and phonostage. The power amp is plugged into the wall. I want to try my subwoofers through the conditioner but only have one analogue output left.

What are the differences between the outputs or they just for 'separation'? Can I use the digital or amplifier outputs for the subwoofers? The subs are RELT7i's.

Any help would be much appreciated, Bob

The Specs:

LC-1 MKII Linear Line Conditioner LC-1 MKII Linear Line Conditioner is designed to make clean AC sources for improve the performance of every component in your audio or home theater system. It helps to reduce EMI/RFI that comes with the main AC line. LC-1 MkIIcomes with four individually EMI/RFI filtered circuits which can be controlled by four power switches on front panel. All together there are eight outlets for 3000W total capacity. There are separate circuits for power amplifiers, analog and digital component. Technical Specification Top Power output ANALOG : 3 A Time - lag DIGITAL : 3 A Time - lag AMP1 : 8 A Time - lag AMP2 : 8 A Time - lag Fuse size ANALOG : 700W(Max) DIGITAL : 700W(Max) AMP1 : 1800W(Max) AMP2 : 1800W(Max) Power Requirement (AC) 230-250 VAC 50/60Hz 3000 Watt

I tend to like my Sub plugged directly in the wall as they can consume a lot of power.

There is times that you may get a ground loop and plugging it into the same spot as the other equipment can help.

So how does it all sound with the LC-1 MKII?

Edited by rocky500

Well,

the Power Amp is plugged into the wall. That seems to be a plus.

However, the subs just sound more integrated and balanced tonally with the overall sound of the system when plugged into the conditioner. Overall they are sound clearer. After they are plugged into the wall I look forward to plugging them back into the conditioner and then smiling when I listen. The mid range seems to sing more and transparency is better. I listen to orchestral music a lot and hear an orchestra that is well synthesised in the sound at the sam time as being able to hear everything.

I'm close to buying different power cables for the subs to. I use just stock cables at the moment. 

I listened to a PS Audio AC Power Regenerator a while back and whilst the difference was apparent, I actually did not enjoy the sound as it seemed brighter and more fatiguing. Anyhow, that was my perception at the time. the Magnet LC1 does not have that effect on me.

Bob

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Heifetz said:

So,

are my subs ok to be plugged from the amp outputs? Is there any danger?:unsure:

Bob

That would appear the best spot. (only spot I would plug them into) :-)

It looks like the unit has fuses, so if something went wrong, I would think a fuse will kick in for protection if it is too much for it.

Edited by rocky500