Saw this last night and its pretty good 

the x-men movies always have seemed to be darker and more gritty than other marvel movies  and Logan continues theme. 

In style and movie, think the proposition, perhaps no country for old men or one of more recent Clint Eastwood movies,  it's low key no gratuitous explosion or car chases. OST is likewise minimal 

Good  story for what is a road movie/redemption movie. If you took aWay the x-men and replaced it it with soldiers, Cowboys etc , you would still have a good movie.

good acting by HJ in a role I've never sure of him in? PS is very good , the young girl plays her part well. Main baddie is a bit comic , but there is also a more sophisticated baddie. 

However, it. Is violent , most people die violently , if this is an issue for you then it's needs to be considered. I would put it at least with say Deadpool but without the cartoon ott feel of deadpool. Language is colourful , but say no worse than other movies these days. 

I enjoyed it 4/5 stars 

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

watched this over last couple of nights,

caught it on uhd blu-ray,

212543-L-HI.jpg

and very much enjoyed it all the way through... I describe it as Blood father meets Mad Max :D 

while i have been hot cold with marvel series and overall not a great fan...this movie is an exception. really well done.

comes up a treat on uhd as well. the sound track while not a 3D audio one... does decode pretty well for neural-X which on many an occasion is fully immersive and room enveloping.  some very serious sub bass effects as well. some serious kick in quite a few parts 

• Like 2

Watched it on 1080 bluray on my 53rd birth birthday on Wednesday night.

@:) almore like  mad max finally get to met the daughter he never thought he had :D

Hugh Jackman as always plays the part well, and that little girl is awesome on some of those moves, the movie takes of slow but gathers pace.

Unlike any other Marvel superhero movie.

Grim and depressing showing the realities of ageing with diminishing faculties and no money.

In my top 3 favourite movies of the genre...didn't think Marvel had it in them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Addicted to music said:

the movie takes of slow but gathers pace.

1 hour ago, MarkT said:

didn't think Marvel had it in them.

It is a Fox movie (not Marvel/Disney movie). In fact Fox was reported to be worried about the movie being boring, obviously they were wrong. 

58 minutes ago, LHC said:

It is a Fox movie (not Marvel/Disney movie). In fact Fox was reported to be worried about the movie being boring, obviously they were wrong. 

Well that explains it being head and shoulders above any marvel movie then....thought x men were marvel property.

Edited by MarkT

111584-L-HI.jpg

some will remember the wolverine, a movie i much enjoyed and should watch again. i do hope it gets re released on uhd as was a very good movie as well :)

ps i see some x-men wolverine origins thing also released in 2017 though no idea what that is all about. I've watched the odd x-men movie but never got into it. i did enjoy deadpool though...

1 hour ago, MarkT said:

Well that explains it being head and shoulders above any marvel movie then....thought x men were marvel property.

Some years ago Marvel was in trouble so they sold off the movie rights for some of their more popular/profitable characters like X-men, Spiderman and Fantastic Four. 

1 hour ago, :) al said:

ps i see some x-men wolverine origins thing also released in 2017 though no idea what that is all about. I've watched the odd x-men movie but never got into it. i did enjoy deadpool though...

No. No. No.

Avoid that origin story like it was the plague

Spoilers follow

Not to mention the sacrilege they performed on Deadpool in that movie.. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

the Wolverine was one of my favorite from the series, can't say the same about Logan, for me too depressing, more like social drama with action/fantasy parts than action/fantasy with bit of a drama in it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Logan is one of, if not my favourite adaptation. Bleak dystopian backdrop.. the search for redemption.. the search for Eden/hope. There is a strong western feel to the movie, that fits the story perfectly. Action scenes are used organically and not as a means to an end. And they are brutal and visceral as you would expect from a character who wields a weapon as intimate as 8 inch knives. The violence is so savage there is no room for throw away jokes or other nonsense. In fact, there is an inordinate measure of pain in the story.. only part of it is physically inflicted.
Logan is a broken shell of his former self. Everybody he has known has passed, yet death eludes him. His relationship with Charles is... complicated. And the unfolding social drama only adds to already complex characters and themes.
Performances, storytelling, choreography, editing, score.. everything is on point.

At least a 4.5 out of 5 from me.

Edited by custom_made

36 minutes ago, custom_made said:

Logan is one of, if not my favourite adaptation. Bleak dystopian backdrop.. the search for redemption.. the search for Eden/hope. There is a strong western feel to the movie, that fits the story perfectly. Action scenes are used organically as a means to an end. And they are brutal and visceral as you would expect from a character who wields a weapon as intimate as 8 inch knives. The violence is so savage there is no room for throw away jokes or other nonsense. In fact, there is an inordinate measure of pain in the story.. only part of it is physically inflicted.
Logan is a broken shell of his former self. Everybody he has known has passed, yet death eludes him. His relationship with Charles is... complicated. And the unfolding social drama only adds to already complex characters and themes.
Performances, storytelling, choreography, editing, score.. everything is on point.

At least a 4.5 out of 5 from me.

What he said. And, strangely, it's the most human portrayal of them all.

Edited by JukKluk2
  • Like 1

On 17/07/2017 at 7:22 PM, kukynas said:

the Wolverine was one of my favorite from the series, can't say the same about Logan, for me too depressing, more like social drama with action/fantasy parts than action/fantasy with bit of a drama in it

ill have to watch that one again :)