MQA on Integra AVR's

http://www.twice.com/news/audio/integra-adding-mqa-google-cast-networked-multiroom-avrs/61769

Surely this is a bit of a game changer, no need for a fancy MQA DAC. There are reports that MQA on the Bluesound is incredible where the actual DAC for normal files isn't the best so wouldn't this be the same case here. I like it!

After many times listening to the Bluesound dac on its own with both Normal files and MQA, well needless to say, I do not go anywhere near the masters tab on tidal anymore. 

Bunch of bullshit. 

Notjing beats good mastering with a good outboard dac. 

Edited by Sime

Not surprising onkyo/integra are the first to implement MQA into AVRs though, they were the first AVRs to decode DTS-MA and DOLBY TrueHD from memory! This is probably proof that MQA may become as common as any other sound format, can only be good !

4 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

This is probably proof that MQA may become as common as any other sound format, can only be good !

Yes and if my thinking is right MQA is not as reliant on the quality of the DAC so what I'm trying to say is any MQA good MQA?

Guest thathifiguy
4 hours ago, powerav said:

Yes and if my thinking is right MQA is not as reliant on the quality of the DAC so what I'm trying to say is any MQA good MQA?

I have found the majority of masters on Tidal are typically better sounding than their CD quality equivilant, even running via a non-MQA DAC.

11 hours ago, thathifiguy said:

I have found the majority of masters on Tidal are typically better sounding than their CD quality equivilant, even running via a non-MQA DAC.

That is the major benefit of MQA....

Getting rights holders to release higher quality versions of their material  (doesn't need MQA hardware)

Correcting obvious errors in that audio   (doesn't need MQA hardware)

Protecting the audio from alteration  (this is a big deal ... but does need MQA hardware to indicate whether it is 'authenticated')

The actual improvement, from the MQA decoder correcting for your hardware.   That is the glaze...  on the cherry, on the top of the icing, on the cake.