FS: Electrocompaniet ECD-1 DAC

SOLD

Item: Electrocompaniet ECD-1 DAC
Price: $650
Item Condition: Good, some minor marks visible on the perspex front and on the case top (see photos)
Reason for selling: Upgraded to an Accuphase DC-37
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

The Electrocompaniet ECD-1 is the digital half of the acclaimed EMC1 UP CD player. Regardless of the input signal type (16 - 24-bit is supported), the ECD1 will upsample the source to 24-bit resolution and a sampling frequency of 192 kHz. In addition, the ECD1 utilizes a completely balanced class-A design for each channel.

Full details can be found at http://www.electrocompaniet.no/products/classic/digital/discontinued/ecd1.html

I've been successfully using the ECD-1 connected to a Mac Mini via the optical out (combo headphones jack) and Audirvana music player. The Mac Tidal app also worked without any problems. I've included a photo to show all the inputs and outputs, but please note it doesn't have a USB input. There are a number of bridge solutions available that convert USB to optical or RCA but I was happy with the direct optical connection.

I'm under instructions to sell due to my recent upgrade, but I'll be sad to see it go.

Pictures:

DSCF2718.jpg

DSCF2717.jpg

DSCF2715.jpg

DSCF2716.jpg

I have one. Can't say enough good things about it. Iirc, the rrp was around 4k? I don't know if I'd pay that much for it, but at $650? You'd have to find a reason NOT to consider it. Absolute bargain.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...