March madness at evil Springs

evil c

Had a largish gathering on Saturday afternoon at evil Springs to celebrate Autumn and to reunite with my audio brethren ! :P

I was very cunning in my preparations nominating everyone to contribute in some form food wise, and boy did we have a feast on our hands!

@Tubularbells most generously cooked up a 7.5kg Beef Brisket topped off with some 2.5kg (almost) Pulled Pork -

Here we see the "Meat Maestro" in action massaging the meat into submission! ;)

Couldn't even pick the meat up, it just fell apart was so tender!

Meat_Maestro_143028.thumb.jpg.57660dae3a7b7ee292e2941455d4be11.jpg

(Dog was never far away!!)

@illusion also rose to the occasion and brought some freshly marinated Chicken wings and legs , as a bonus he even cooked them up himself !

Beautiful flavors too.

Illusion_141252.thumb.jpg.b522f3cd89f9c728d1c53148a60627d9.jpg

Unfortunately my normal photographer was otherwise occupied with trivial family matters (not naming anyone @:) al) :unsure: so very few quality shots to display of the attendees:

@Quark @unclemack @Sierra @joz @darth vader @PonyTail @djb @Black Orange @daviddsailor @Point source @PleasantSounds @Red MacKay and Doug Tipping.

Smile for the camera - everyone !

Smile_for_the_Camera_135433.thumb.jpg.03c2722df7501aa54dbd1d36a6a8bdbb.jpg

That means you @Sierra !!! :(

Sierra_finger_135426.thumb.jpg.20f815fb0dc6a49dae599acaba468c2e.jpg

Hitchcock scene from Birds !

All eyeing @djb waiting for an opportunity to strike ("he'll never see us coming!)

Birds_175428.thumb.jpg.f08ad6288b11aeb54b9cd0a4c79d3e99.jpg

Ultrasonic record cleaner Masterclass by TB with @Red MacKay & @joz 

Brought up my records to flawless condition without a hint of crackle - pity no one else got a chance to have theirs cleaned ! :)

TB_Masterclass_Ultrasonic_185840.thumb.jpg.cc3394192d7f4be988fcbeafc5685473.jpg

Unfortunately no pictorial evidence of numerous salads and desserts most generously brought along but was heartily demolished along with all the meat ! (gasp)

Bugg3r all of system either but you've probably seen it enough times - here's one of The Wand recently fitted to my LP12 and sounding very nice too!

20170128_122428.thumb.jpg.420d07a7b6739c1e6f637a262ffb8b98.jpg

So had a fantastic afternoon with a few kicking on till nearly 11pm - my thanks to everyone for making it such a success and all I need now is someone else to hold a GTG for a change ! :unsure:

Nah, it's all good fun !

P.S. We missed you Billy !

Edited by evil c
  • Like 13

Looks like a top gathering, what would be the collective noun for a group of meeting, feeding and drinking audiophiles?
Was there any listening to be had? I love the look of the wand and will have a 12" one mounted on something one day.
Great pics and the food looked sensational.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TOPSHELF said:

Looks like a top gathering, what would be the collective noun for a group of meeting, feeding and drinking audiophiles?
Was there any listening to be had? I love the look of the wand and will have a 12" one mounted on something one day.

To be honest everyone was having such a good time socializing outside and I had music playing through my back up gear !

I had to prompt a few members to go upstairs to hear the main system mid afternoon but here's a pic of what I remember playing.

20170312_181329.thumb.jpg.bb7b84546eb8075b144e9ef821bbff29.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

some familiar faces I'm looking forward to catching up with later this year.

Nice one EC..  Looks like a great afternoon.

Yeah thanks mate - same to you with yours, pity not in your neck of the woods to hear the gear ! 

Hope we can have something along similar lines on the Hifi show weekend . ;)

Yeah was a great day and a big cheers to Evil for once again putting in the effort of organizing and opening up his doors for us stereo misfits. Some deep conversations were had about all kinds of stuff ranging from trees, distillation techniques and power cables however ironically there was very little "listening" done but what I did hear was great especially towards the late afternoon when the system was cranked up a little.

• Like 1

A "PRaT" of Audiophiles? Looks like a jolly old time was had by all.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, evil c said:

Unfortunately my normal photographer was otherwise occupied with trivial family matters (not naming anyone @:) al) :unsure:

sorry evil,

I seem to have found myself lost in a local forest instead :D

32578576243_2f315b9fe7_z.jpg

eventually found our self back in civilisation.... ! 

and so good to hear fun was had by all. sure looked like quite a sociable gathering...

• Like 2

So great to get to another GTG after what seems to be a long time between drinks... @evil c was at his laconic best. A genial and reasonably attentive host. The food was excessive and wonderful.... Vegans need not apply! This was the least "HiFi" GTG i've been to. Instead, great comradeship, conversation and relaxation was the order of the day. I did sneak a listen to the system and was highly impressed by the cheap-arse speakers that Clive has been fortunate enough to have snagged. Very nice. Also enjoyed his ham-fisted attempt at handling that gorgeous Wand arm... good times. Thank you Baby Jesus for SNA...

M

Oh...and yes...we did miss you Billy!

Edited by unclemack
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, :) al said:

sorry evil,

I seem to have found myself lost in a local forest instead :D

32578576243_2f315b9fe7_z.jpg

eventually found our self back in civilisation.... ! 

and so good to hear fun was had by all. sure looked like quite a sociable gathering...

Clearly lost...can't see you anywhere!

• Like 1

A "PRaT" of Audiophiles? Looks like a jolly old time was had by all.

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

For the Naim devotee? I was thinking an "ear" or a "misfit" of Audiophiles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks again Evil for opening up your house and letting rif raf like me in. @Tubularbells your brisket and pork was delicious Doug, thanks heaps. I'll bring some special "record cleaner" for you next time:thumb:

And thanks to everyone for some good company and conversation. Its always worth the drive. One of the few GTG's that didn't have my ears ringing on the way home, was unexpectedly pleasant. Still got to listen to Clive's new arm. 

Another great day in the house of Evil.

• Like 1

Yep what a wonderful day.

yep I was one of the last to leave AGAIN!

but didn't feel to bad as Red stayed on with me. :D

clive thanks again for you most generous hospitality as I know it takes some effort to host a cheap pack of freeloading scum like us.

Also big shoutout to Doug TB for his magnificent meats, fantastic  :thumb:

Most of the day ended up being less about the music and more about just enjoying the day with great company.

Now if I could get Tubuar Bells to make me one of those living gadgets for the record cleaner  , superb!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, joz said:

Now if I could get @Tubular Bells to make me one of those living gadgets for the record cleaner  , superb!

It seemed to do the job alright I spose - I think Mk2 might be even better ! :unsure: 

I'll take this rudimentary prototype version off your hands - TB ;)

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

Skilfully planned for when I was out of state, well played @evil c

Looks like another great day hosted by your ever generous self. Sorry I missed it. 

Nice drawer of 'philes there, [mention=116153]evil c[/mention]. Pity I missed out, your little suburban bush house is beautiful... antiquated playbak systems notwithstanding [emoji4]

Choke splutter - little suburban bush house ???
Oh you mean the one down by the Crik !!

Antiquated system? ??
Hmmm - well my main amp was built in 2000, speakers in 2012 and turntable in 1987 so maybe that is getting on but already have revitalized it with new PSU and arm plus full cirkus upgrade kit ready to fit !

You'll keep young Splyne ! [emoji53]
Maybe next one later on in year - you can car share with@darth vader [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1