Dac or CD newbie question - Arcam fan

Hi. One will have to excuse One's ignorance, but One is new to the concept of a separate Dac!

Here's my question. Can I find a Dac (preferably an Arcam) that will sound similar to the Alpha 9, 92 or CD23t CDP that all had the same chip in them? They all had the DCS ring dac in them. I heard buddyev's CDP, an Alpha 9 and it just blew me away, so mellow. I have also looked at a valve CDP option as an alternative, but that has just been sold.

My current setup is based around the Arcam CD73, which I love for it's bass, but it can seem a tad shouty sometimes. In other words, I think the slight distortion of the bass end really suits it, but mucks up the treble a little. I compared it to a Cyrus CD6, which had a sound that was so smooth at both extremes, but so boring. It didn't move me the way the Arcam did. I actually love Cyrus CD design, and was thinking if I could get the Arcam sound, but with the Cyrus Architechture, I'd have the best of both worlds...if such a thing is possible?

Advice and banter welcomed, and dare I suggest if anyone has an Arcam or similar I can try, perhaps I might buy it from you? Rich

I've seen an Arcam CD23 for sale here, but that's not going as I planned...in other words, not to me it would seem.

Edited by keyboardman_uk

Perhaps I need to be more specific. Do standalone DACs from Arcam, sound like their CD players? This is what I'd like to know and what I'm after. The CD73 (I have this) is good, The Alpha 9 is more transparent and the sound that I'm interested in achieving. Thanks, R