(SYD) class D amp

aaleks

Hi all, just got a new set of speakers and would love to try some class d amplification with them. 

If anyone has an amp or a mono pair that they would be happy to lend, or just bring over for a listen that would be great. 

I'm in Carlton, NSW

thanks, Aleks

• 2 weeks later...

Gauder Cassiano ...

I have tried few amps so far..  Emotiva SA-250 with them and primare i32 with NAD M22 and Yamaha M70 coming soon. Obviously not all class D.

SA-250 had amazing mids and lows. Well controlled and punchy base, very engaging. But highs were a bit recessed and slightly lost in the background. 

i32 great mids and highs but bass not as controlled and engaging as emotiva. 

I should do review and comparison of these amps with my monitor audio GS60's while I still have them. Hmm perhaps an SNA GTG would be in order while I have so much gear at my place

very much looking forward to trying out NAD M22 .. so many good reviews. I hope it's better than C390 which I tried few years back and found it lacking (although at the time it was compared with Luxman SQ38u and ME850 so perhaps not quite fair assessment).

• 3 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, Gremrock said:

These sound like a pretty good suggestion. The sound considerably better than the other half-size Bel Canto amps (Ref500/1000 etc)

The 500/1000 sounds horrible compared to the m600. Got a pair running my wilson's.

• 5 months later...

Well the thread was near the top, so I thought it would be neater to post here instead of starting a new one.

I want to test something to see if it makes a difference before I'd buy it. The Bel Canto is way more than I'd want to spend on a power amp.

8 minutes ago, Gremrock said:

Fair enough, the want to buy section seems to get a lot more traffic so you could also posting there with a budget and a note wanting to audition first. I'm sure there's plenty for sale around Sydney 

Thanks for the idea. I might message people who have an amp I'm interested in and take it from there.