RELISTED: FS: APL UA-S1 Integrated Hybrid Amplifier

Item: APL UA-S1 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier 80W
Price: $1000
Item Condition: 7/10 due to scratches see pics.
Reason for selling: Going Active
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info
:

I purchased this amp off Bevan @b.d back in 2012. It is simply the best amplifier I have ever owned. It easily outperforms the various pre/power combos I’ve had in my system over the last 5 years including an Opera Consonance R1.1 with Quad 99, ME200, First Watt F5, and Art Audio Quintet. I had intended keeping this amp for a rainy day so it has been on a long term loan to a mate but I have three amps to get rid of and it will be a very long time if ever that I need another integrated.

There is a typically oblique review from the Salman Rushdie of hi-fi reviewers, Srajan Ebean on Six Moons if you have the mettle. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/aplhifi/uas1.html

Alex Peychev the designer rips the guts out of a Bada MF copy and adds secret herbs and spices. From the review:

“The modified Bada is a very interesting and unusually pure platform. Post op, it combines a single tube voltage gain stage around two ECC99 triodes with a zero-gain, no-feedback bipolar power buffer (this machine shuns even local feedback)… About what his modifications consist of in detail and toto, "the list is long but I rather keep it a secret" became the guarded answer.”

What you need to know is that this amp is designed for reasonable speaker loads. If your speaker dips below 4 ohms and under 88 dB efficiency I think you will be unhappy. The flip side is that the amp is very refined with a delicious top-end. Detailed, natural and dead quiet. One criticism of this amp is that it lacks bass, but I would argue that the detail and refinement of the lower mids is bloat free, and that if the bass is in the recording the amp will hand it back to you. I listen to a lot of electronica and I don't miss much when the sub is off.

Has a remote control.

Auditions welcomed and encouraged.

There is one on ebay for $2500 USD at the moment.

Local sale preferred. No original boxes but it can be packaged for transit. Weighs about 8 kg (guess).

IMAG0227.thumb.jpg.b6f427f7e1cfc825f49aa601b9ac366c.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

IMAG0223.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

Edited by Bell Ringer
Added remote control