18 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Item: Marantz Model 6300
Item Condition: All original and never repaired. Need replacement of RCA cable.
Reason for selling: Selling all turntables as they are not much used.
Payment Method: Pickup - COD, Bank Account Deposit.
* Yes, it is a rare to find 6300 unit with voltage selector.
* All original condition, never serviced or repaired.
* Works perfectly fine without any issues (RCA cable needs to be adjusted as there is a break inside).
* Comes with original dust covers(has got a minor crack near the right side hinge and scratches).
* Comes with four original turntable foot, all in excellent condition.
* RCA cables may need replacement in near future as there is a break inside the RCA cable (Sometimes it need some adjustments with RCA cable for music on both channels)
* The turntable is in original condition and working fantastic like brand new one except what is mentioned here.
* Cartridge and stylus not included.
* Can be inspected and auditioned in Heidelberg heights.
* Shipping has to be arranged by the buyer at own risk if required (I can drop it to the nearest courier office).
Pictures: Please find the attached pictures
Thought I'd share today's impulse buy with little to no research. As with my last topic post - I know very little about Turntables so I went with the 'Gut'. I recall fellow members talking about Micro Seiki in very high regard so that was my only reference to this purchase.
As per the pictures, included in the purchase:
-Micro Seiki MA-505 Tone Arm.
-Micro Seiki DDX-1000 Turntable 240V.
-Denon AU-340 "Audio Step Up" - Apparently used to improve the signal quality of an MC Cartridge ?
-Micro Seiki Head shell fitted with a
-Denon DL-303 Cartridge
All seems to be working well, with all original manuals boxes etc..
Price agreed to was $650 the lot, Way more than I would ever dream to spend on a turntable - But If anything my thoughts were 'An investment to get my money back hopefully "Worst Case" scenario'.
Please let me know your thoughts regarding the Turntable / Tonearm / Cartridge / Purchase in general..
(Still yet to Google and research the gear myself)..
Sorry for the poor quality photos.
Once again Thanks in advance for any / all your help.
I am a newbie to Turntables.
I spent most of my early music days listening to tapes, CD's.
I now solely listen to digital rips (wav's/flacs) via my PC music player. (cmp cplay, vortexbox) and have done so for the past 4/5 years.
So I guess you could say I skipped the vinyl phase.
Recently I have acquired an immaculate and pretty much original Thorens TD160...
It was my fathers. It powers on and spins fine, but I need some advice on setup, as my knowledge here is "Zero".
I have levelled the TT and it seems to still repeat/sit on sections of the vinyl - it doesn't follow the record groove. Not sure what you call this.
Can anyone lend some advice, in setting this TT up?
Alternatively,does anyone know of a business/individual that specialises in TT setup in Melbourne, especially vintage gear.
FYI, the TT is fitted with an Audiotechnica cartridge - I'm not sure of its age or condition.
FYI, I have already checked out....http://www.theanalogdept.com/images/spp6_pics/TT%20manuals/Thorens/TD160.pdf
Cheers, any advice would be great...
Some pics of the TT