pine weasel

Guns N' Roses, Adelaide Oval, Feb 18

7 posts in this topic

Were any other SNAers at this show on Sat night?

Amazing show in a grate venue.  An evening of almost all of their best songs.

Axl Rose's voice  was superb,  Slash's guitar work was sublime, and the rest of the band was in great form.

They also managed to get the sound just right. Surprisingly good for a large venue, and not so loud that I felt I  needed ear plugs.

It also occurred to me that it was the first concert in many years that I'd been to, where it was just a night of pure entertainment, rather than having to listen to the artists drone on about whatever left wing, socially progressive,  touchy-feely cause that they were interested in ( not that I'd expect that sort of thing from the Gunners !) 

Just a night of great rock that took me back to the late 80s and early 90s. 

Edited by pine weasel
1 person likes this

Please support our sponsors by clicking on their banners:

Received a very noisy phone call about 15 minutes ago from my Daughter who is at the Perth show tonight  -  ah Sweet Child of Mine clearly audible in the background.

Not really worth opening another thread for the Perth show, but I went along and had a great time.

From over in the cheap side seats the sound was expectedly bad, particularly with the strong wind swirling around. Once the wind dropped and some fine tuning done, the sound ended up quite good. I reckon stage front, where I usually try to be, the sound would have been awesome.

The show itself was great and everything that you would expect. I'm sure everyone left happy, many ecstatic. It was odd to have so many cover songs, either complete or samples, crowd loved it though. One thing that struck me is how happy Axl looked when he sat down at the piano for November Rain, positively beaming. Reminded me of the recent Steven Adler interview where he said Axl really wanted to be Elton John or Billy Joel. Though with all the bling diamond rings and bedazzled jackets I thought he was just a candelabra short of Liberace. Other than that Slash was Slash and Duff played to his more punk roots ( was thinking Paul Simonon, a lot).

Major highlight of the night was my mate saying Axl looks like Roy Kinnear now. "Who?" I said. Then he googles it to show me and I totally lost it :D

58acf9aa09b9f_roykinnear.thumb.PNG.269c217d9e72f4367361c5f34cf9af81.PNG

Edited by enikoy
2 people like this

My daughter also mentioned the sound in Perth wasnt the best with it being too echo-ie in some areas and the wind doing its best to fade the sound in and out.

On 2/21/2017 at 10:10 PM, pine weasel said:

It also occurred to me that it was the first concert in many years that I'd been to, where it was just a night of pure entertainment, rather than having to listen to the artists drone on about whatever left wing, socially progressive,  touchy-feely cause that they were interested in ( not that I'd expect that sort of thing from the Gunners !) 

Which artists? You've got me intrigued now. I've been to dozens of gigs and never once had to endure such a thing, thank god.

1 person likes this

I took my daughter to the Perth concert for her first taste of stadium rock n roll - it was a brilliant night. As Grumpy and enikoy mentioned the sound was crap early on but by the end of the night all was forgiven. The boys have clearly not treated their bodies like temples but that's bad boy rock n roll - was a great night out
AJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/23/2017 at 6:23 PM, m_james said:

Which artists? You've got me intrigued now. I've been to dozens of gigs and never once had to endure such a thing, thank god.

Springsteen, U2, Counting Crows, Eddie Vedder, R.E.M,