Silvertone / Radiotron RCA 2a3 Mono plate Tubes matched pair (1930's Rare). Test as new

Item: Silvertone / Radiotron RCA 2a3 Mono plate Tubes Matched Pair (1930's Rare).  Test as new
Price: $750 ONO
Item Condition: Test full strength on an AVO MK-IV
Reason for selling: Business Opportunity
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, COD Only
Extra Info: Tested as new and too paranoid to use them because they are rare and valuable (i've been using my Chinese generic 2a3's and occasionally the Sophia Mesh plates and RCA 2a3 Bi plates which are in other listings.  They've been in my 2a3 headphone amp maybe an hour or two maximum.

They are by far the best sounding 2a3's i've ever heard.  They sound more like a really powerful pair of Globe 45's but with a bigger soundstage and less grain than any of those tubes i'm familiar with.  If you want the best 2a3's available these are arguably it.

Pictures:

RCA Monoplate main.JPG

RCA Monoplate 2.JPG

RCA Monoplate 3.JPG

RCA Monoplate 4.JPG

Edited by Lansche plasma guy
Spelling mistakes due to autocorrect (Radiation instead of Radiotron etc).

Thanks Zootytooty.

They sound amazing but like a lot of my more valuable tubes they are worth way too much for me to use.  When i was looking for a backup pair after hearing these i almost died when i saw some people wanted $1200 dollars for them and you don't even know what condition they are in.

They sound totally different to any other 2a3 tube i've heard.

LPG

Sorry tntman, just got home a short while ago and i've had so many messages for things i've been selling that the inbox keeps filling up.

Deleted some to make more space.

These tubes i'm pretty sure are sold and being collected tomorrow.  I'll let you know if the sale falls through but there are others in line also.

Thank you,

LPG

• 2 weeks later...