FS: Mid-Feb VINYL RIOT! s/hand wax

SOLD

PART 2 (with Link to PART 1) here

Please see Part 1 & 2 for all details around donation to SNA, sale conditions, postage costs, payment options etc and all the other titles STILL available.

Now, here's the latest quality batch:

____________________________________________________________________________________

The Church - Starfish - AUS original. VG/VG+. Cover just has a price sticker residue top right and some ringwear at top front, same on back. Minor wrinkling in the bottom left corner. The OIS is really lovely. The record has barely a mark and plays with fantastic sound throughout, little to any noise. Unfortunately becoming *very* hard to find in great condition such as this.  $30

Deadwood - TV Series - Music From the HBO Show - US 2005 original gatefold had a limited press. NM/NM. Never repressed and not even available bootlegged. This is in superb condition all round with not a single item to mention against it. Reference quality. And I've not seen a single copy in Australia before now...  $90

Traveling Wilburys - Volume One (European pressing - 925 796-1, WX 224) VG+/VG+. Tiny spine wear and slight roll forward about the only things to note. OIS has a small tear and some minor wrinkling. The record has only light marks and plays well throughout with excellent SQ.  $30

WHAM! - Make It Big - AUS pressed original with all the inserts (OIS, lyric insert and Bonus Poster). VG/VG+. Cover has some minor rubbing wear, still mainly white and clean. Inserts are all great (posted has a small tear at the fold) else lovely. The record has barely a mark and plays beautifully.  $20

The Who- Who's Next - VG/VG+. AUS original on Polydor sporting UK stampers (MG-12888)?  Nice and clean and sounds OK. Cover is great with intact laminate on front, some minor spine wear, and just ringwear hint on front, little more on the back with slight laminate lift on the back spine only. No OIS.   $30

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - Soundtrack - VG+/VG+. AUS original in great condition. Cover is really nice with just a touch of ringwear at bottom front, very slight spine edgewear. Back cover the same. Original Allans price sticker top right front. The record is near spotless and plays perfectly - seriously noiseless.   $15

Peter Gabriel - So - VG/VG+. AUS original. Cover is still clean and white but for a hint of ringwear/storage rubbing on front, same again on the back with a little minor wrinkling. The lyric OIS is also very nice (one corner has a water mark). The record is great sporting just light marks and plays really well.  $16

Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight - VG/NM. AUS gatefold original. The cover is great but for some wear to the front edges, spine and rubbing along the top and bottom front. The back has some light ringwear and minor bottom left corner bend.  The gatefold is without fault. The wax is perfect - superb sound and spotless. Frustratingly hard to find in really good nick too...  $18

War of the Worlds (Jeff Wayne) - VG/VG+. 2LP set AUS original press w/booklet stitched into the gatefold, 2 great LP's, lovely gatefold and fine example but for small tear where price sticker was on right front top, hints of ringwear front and back..   $25

Steely Dan - Aja - VG/VG+. AUS original gatefold 2LP press. The front has a hint of ringwear and minor edge marking, the gatefold clean, and the back just that hint of ringwear again. The vinyl barely shows a mark and plays with great fidelity.  $15

Steely Dan - Gaucho - VG-/VG+. USA original. (MCA 6102). The cover is good but shows ringwear, rubbing and some water staining to the front edges, spine and opening. More ringwear on the back. Original lyric paper OIS is great - very clean. All looks fine in a nice clean outer sleeve, which I've provided. The vinyl is the star - mark free and near-zero noise except the transition between tracks (and even then, nothing to speak of really).  $12

Supertramp - Famous Last Words - VG/VG+. Dutch original (pressed in Holland). The cover is lovely but for hints of ringwear/rubbing front and back, and slight tear on the top edge. Else square, colourful and beautiful. The colour paper lyric OIS is also excellent and the record plays (and looks) like new with terrific SQ. $15

The Cars - Candy-O - VG/VG+. AUS original with paper lyric OIS. Cover is great but for ringwear front and back, wear at opening, and original owner's name in pen on top middle back cover, and inside opening (not normally visible). The record is mark free on the Butterfly Elektra labels, and plays great.   $10

George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice - VG/VG. An original AUS 1st pressing of George Michael's excellent album (and his best). The front cover is brilliant with only the lightest of marks. The spine is square, straight and totally legible, but the spine edge has a small tear. It's not very noticeable when looking front-on in a sleeve. The back cover has a few light crease marks and hint of ringwear.  Excellent original lyric inner. The vinyl looks in fantastic condition with only the very lightest hairlines in very strong overhead light. It does play with some noise between tracks and in quieter passages/songs on both sides, but otherwise sounds great throughout with great SQ. Has been washed and glued by myself, so I suspect this is the best it will get (which is very acceptable).   $30

Vince Jones - One Day Spent - VG/VG+. AUS pressed LP. The cover has some bends on the front left bottom, and a 10cm spine tear that takes out the album name. Some rubbing wear to the front and back, and edgewear to the sides. No inner. The record shows very little wear, has been washed and glued and plays with lovely fidelity now.  $12

David Bowie - ChangesOneBowie - VG/VG. Original NZ pressing (APL 1-1732). The cover has some faded pen writing top right corner on front, and some spine roll towards the front also. Some rubbing/edgewear along the opening too. The back has a price sticker top right and bottom right and some more rubbing wear/marks. No inner. The record sports some faint hairlines, but has been washed and glued clean and plays well throughout.   $10

Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Out Of The Blue - VG+/VG++. An original AUSSIE vinyl gatefold pressing on the JET/UA label, with the 2 x OIS, original poster and cut-out spaceship all present and accounted for! The front cover is great with just tiny corner bumps and a single light long cat-scratch on the back right cover. Some light wear along the edges only. The gatefold is lovely and bright. Comes with the original foldout poster, and the much sought-after press-out cardboard 'ELO' spaceship as well. The vinyl records are both lovely with not a mark to show and both play fantastically well.  $35

Edited by candyflip
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, candyflip said:

David Bowie - ChangesOneBowie - VG/VG. Original NZ pressing (APL 1-1732). The cover has some faded pen writing top right corner on front, and some spine roll towards the front also. Some rubbing/edgewear along the opening too. The back has a price sticker top right and bottom right and some more rubbing wear/marks. No inner. The record sports some faint hairlines, but has been washed and glued clean and plays well throughout.   $10

Hi @candyflip

I'll take this if still available please.

Sorry if I've missed it in your post mate, but is pick up an option? Happy to do so.

EDIT: Just read this

" ABSOLUTELY NO LOCAL PICKUPS - don't ask - it's not going to happen. "

:oops:

See below  

If not post is fine.

Cheers,

Skender.

Edited by Fair Play
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Hi @candyflip

I'll take this if still available please.

Good choice Skender - this wax will please all but the most fastidious amongst us and is good value at the price. The glueing really brought it up a notch.

I'll contact you with details by PM.

• Like 1

cheers mate - I recently bought Tom Waits Foreign Affairs. Media was advertised as "VG" but when I put it on it was anything but! Sounded absolutely rubbish. Put it through the PVA glue treatment and is now very listenable.

Can't wait for this one :thumb:

• Like 1