GTG Sydney - Tannoy - Exclusive Pioneer 3pm,Sunday, March 5

jackrinse

10 hours ago, zipstartcanoe said:

Systems looks great! Would definitely be up for it, but o/s on the date sorry.

Long time no speak! A shame you are OS, maybe we can catch up later this year and go up against a few top shelf Gins again?

Happy New Year!

As there are quite a few people interested I think I should make a decent effort to get the system sounding as good as it can in my room.

The room is difficult, a number of speakers have failed quite unexpectedly -

Spendor SP100 - flopped

Spendor ST - flopped

Harbeth SHL5 - Big flop

Harbeth P3ESR (admittedly too small but strangely seemed to do better than the other big speakers listed, maybe I just had a thing for them)

A number of others that I don't recall.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone with better ears than me would like to come early and help me rearrange the room/system to sound it's best?

Also, I think I mentioned this before but here it is again, we could do with a decent source and if anyone has cables they want to try in a different system then please bring them.

I will be deconstructing the room so nothing will be off limits in terms of swapping things in and out and moving stuff around.

Cheers

Edited by jackrinse

23 hours ago, ophool said:

Hi "JR" - those speakers do look rather tasty, I will be most pleased to avail myself of your offer of hospitality and to hear these exquisite works strut their stuff.

regards and thank you,

T

Will be great to see you Ophool, I can even come around and pick you up if you like, you are only around the corner and I owe you one from memory

5 minutes ago, Astrosound said:

If anyone coming is familiar with Behringer Ultra Curve Pro 2496, I can bring it and then you will have absolutely flat room response, because it is measuring acoustics with microphone and adjust frequencies.

Great!

23 hours ago, Astrosound said:

If anyone coming is familiar with Behringer Ultra Curve Pro 2496, I can bring it and then you will have absolutely flat room response, because it is measuring acoustics with microphone and adjust frequencies.

But someone has to be able to set it up, I am still learning / beginner with it.

Hi Jack,

I am a local living also in Hurlstone Park and would like to come over and hear your Tannoys. I have a pair of Tannoy Ardens bought in the 1970's and need to replace the foam surround but have been too busy so just listening to the Yamaha NS1000.Keen to hear the Tannoys again. Please count me in.

Regards,

Bernard

Hi Jack, looks chockers at your place! But if there was room for a couple more?, my BIL @Jezzad  and I would like to call in. We are locals in Hurlstone Park and Dulwich Hill respectively. Can we bring anything, drinks, nibbles, etc. Regards, Michael 

Hi all.

Thanks for the great response.

I will be working out the numbers this evening and will post here regarding spaces. People are asking if they can bring anything. I will have some drinks and snacks but if anyone wants to bring anything for the attendees to share the please do.

Ok so there are about 16 people who say they would like to come.

We can just about be comfortable if everyone comes, with a few cancelations no issues.

Looking forward to hearing some new music, I hope the system is up to expectations....

On 21/02/2017 at 7:51 PM, ophool said:

Hi "JR" - those speakers do look rather tasty, I will be most pleased to avail myself of your offer of hospitality and to hear these exquisite works strut their stuff.

regards and thank you,

T

image.jpg

• Like 1