Cafad

Accuphase vs Luxman vs Sansui

28 posts in this topic

Mmmm, I'm wondering if this weekend will be long enough.  The Accuphase via its internal DAC is truly high end and has this awesomely smooth rhythm and addictive PRAT in the bottom end but the Sansui 907NRA via the Accuphase internal DAC is a different flavor of high end.  The top end is so clean and clear and open and somehow manages to be to sound what the aroma of fresh morning due is to smell.  

This could take some time.

IMG_0495.JPG

Edited by Cafad
2 people like this

Have to say I have never come across somebody that has a high end integrated amp that they keep to use as a DAC. :party

Well, that's not the only reason, it also just happens to be an excellent integrated in its own right.  

Also, I was trying to keep the playing field level, I can't compare two amps on totally different DACS.  That just wouldn't be fair.

I see your point though, if anyone was likely to do that it would probably be me.

Edited by Cafad

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By o2so
      I understand that his topic has been dealt with extensively, however there is question that I cannot find an answer to.

Magnepans are known to like high current amplifiers. I am sure high current air a good thing when playing at loud levels, but would the high-current capability make any significant difference at low to medium volumes? 

With my maggies, I have owned several amplifiers, some of which had very high current, some not so much. However I have never noticed massive differences in sound when playing at low volumes.

What is your experience?

Thanks
    • By JT1
      Item: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $450
      Item Condition: Excellent 10/10 but no remote
      Reason for selling: Was part of a listening room which is no longer.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: Am the second owner, was previously running this with Paradigm Signature S2 Speakers.  Excellent value for money integrated amp. No remote included as the previous owner included a Yamaha CD player remote for some reason. 

Pictures:

• By audio_file
      Item: Musical Fidelity A3.2 CR pre- and power amplifier
      Price: $2000 + shipping costs if not picked up
      Item Condition: Excellent (See pictures)
      Reason for selling: Moving towards an integrated amplifier.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Transfer, PayPal (+$55)
      Extra Info:
      These have a smooth and relaxed presentation, also fairly powerful. They have a refined treble especially.
      Power - 130W in 8 ohm and 225W in 4 ohm.
      http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/manuals/English/a32crpre_eng.pdf
      http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/manuals/English/a32crpow_eng.pdf

I have the original box for the pre amp and a Musical Fidelity M8 box for the power amp.
      I also have the remote control for the pre amp.

There's a slight mark to the left of the pre amp led, which I tried to show in the last picture. It isn't easily visible.

• By Michael C
      I have a complete commercial Theater System that im trying to get a fair price indication to sell. 
      it is obviously too big for a home theatre setup but a night club or a big Shed would be perfect.
      any advice on what to do with it would be great

6 x (TL606DMT) Speakers 900watts each
      3 x accompanying Horns

Electric Voice 7600 Power Amplifier
      Electric Voice 2.0 kW Power Amplifier x 2