Roon 1.3 and DSP

My experience to date:

Probably the most flexible room measurement, filter creation program is Acourate. There are other good options, including REW, DRC-FIR (open source) that may work for you, but this is the pick from my experience. Dirac is closed to it's own ecosystem.

From a Mic perspective, I think that the Earthworks M24 or M30 are the top picks. I've tried Berhinger, UMIK, and Dayton but the Earthworks provides the best results - by ear for what that's worth to anyone (just my experience).

In terms of convolution, the Roon 1.3 one is nice - integrated etc, so need for an external program such as HQP or AcourateConvolver (or BruteFIR if you want open source) is diminished, if you are up to spending the money on Roon (which I have).

From an up sampling perspective, again the Roon 1.3 functionality is very good, but you may want to consider HQP or other methods (Mininserver/Mininstreamer plus SOXR filters as something that's worked well for me in the past).

• Like 1

Will second the above post - DRC generates a decnt filter.

Any properly calibrated mic used correctly will work just fine, there are awesome reference-grade mics out there not common in Audiophile circles, it's enough that whatever you use is calibrated against one.

I'd steer away from USB mics unless you're guaranteed a calibration that covers the USB interface. A good analogue interface - which REW can calibrate separately - isn't expensive.