Any planned GTGs in Melb the weekend of the HiFi show

10 minutes ago, evil c said:

Sounds about right - hopefully awake by then after big Saturday night festivities!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yep - will be a good weekend all round.  Show, dinners, gtg..  Can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/02/2017 at 11:44 AM, joz said:

Don't worry Marc . I can only fit in a couple of hundred attendees.

You can have the rest:P

Have you fixed the spa in the Grotto, Joz ?

Whatever blocked up the plumbing would have made an interesting photo......

• Like 1

Have you fixed the spa in the Grotto, Joz ?

Whatever blocked up the plumbing would have made an interesting photo......

Spa???

Boy I'm looking forward to this GTG at Joe's ! [emoji13]

• 3 weeks later...

13 hours ago, blakey72 said:

Is it audiophile sin to bring the Mrs????

The others may point and laugh at you,

But i'll stick up for you:P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blakey72 said:

Thanks mate. I feel much better now. She don't eat much .:)

Great!

but

Are you sure you want her to meet all the uber cool SNA community?

Meme Maker

13 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

actually, that's a good reminder Joz.  The rule is everyone has to wear yellow for your GTGs right?  Just wanting to double check.

It's a very special occasion this GTG.

I'm sure @joz will be wearing his best tweed jacket with elbow patches !!! :party

• Like 1

On 14/02/2017 at 2:06 PM, Luc said:

Anytime Joz, I'm easy. Time date length...I'm there!

Sweet spot booked,durif in hand. Don't tell Gandalf about this though OK.

Not sure where to post this

just delete if not appropriate 

but @Luc how did you survive the flood

havent noticed you posting 

@keyse1  Thanks for asking. Survived fine as I'm up in the hills and just watch it unfold. But i've been working in the cleanup process of the town and it's an unmitigated disaster, truly awful with many many shop owners and shopkeepers busted and broken due to no flood insurance. Tens of millions of dollars of damage done, absolutely awful what's been wreaked here.

So I've been laying low on the SNA front, haven't played my system for yonks, just lost interest actually at the moment as the whole event is somewhat overwhelming even though this is my  10th or 11th big flood here. This one due to the levee bank has just been disastrous.

• Like 3

@Luc how things come together soon, sounds like world very much upside down !

very sad to hear of those with no flood insurance. I guess it's times like this community at hand strongest. Hope some good outcome ! Some how !

I was talking to my auto-eclectrician and he had a metre of water through his shop and he had $120k's worth of two way radios sitting in the shop waiting to be fitted to the local energy supplier trucks...gone,no insurance as it's prohibitive at 20K annually. My local bookshop lost all it's stock,300K's worth, they wont be reopening and the baby shop  close by wont be and two restaurants, a bedding shop a carpet shop,2 private service stations wont and a lot more shops apparently.

Private supermarket went under they lost all their butcher shop and meat and had a delivery of 50k's worth of easter eggs...gone along with their entire stock and equipment,hundreds of k's worth just there.

Mechanic shop next door to my mechanics shop took the punt the water wouldn't hit him, he had 5 cars in his bay and lost them all and everything in his shop. I think he was complacent not to ring the owners up but still, the guys lost everything and doesn't have the dosh to replace his tools and equipment.

What do you do or say to these people? You can't just hand over vast sums of money and go ' here, start again'.

It's a problem that is still there long after the event has slipped from the public conscious and is no longer a newsworthy item.

• Like 2

My sympathies to your town @Luc and those who have lost so much from the flood.

I hope they bounce back quickly and find positives in the future.

I get the feeling though that it'll take quite a while for the town to recover from this one.

What's the best flood appeal to donate to Luc if people wish to help?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

may I ask what is the status of dinner on either Friday or Saturday nights and also the GTG?  Daz and I have travel, accom, show tickets sorted so wondering what the other attending SNAr's are planning?  Anyone interested in meeting in the venue either mid-morning or lunch on Friday ?  I'm not sure what are the local food / drink venues at or near the event. 

• Like 2

Without going into the city StKilda has a huge variety of food from up market to casual. Fitzroy st Acland st and the Esplande eateries are  only a good walk or short tram ride away.

The venue is directly over the road from the Grand Prix is run.

Not sure which day to have the GTG yet, Sat or Sun?

Probably Sunday?

1 hour ago, frankn said:

may I ask what is the status of dinner on either Friday or Saturday nights and also the GTG?  Daz and I have travel, accom, show tickets sorted so wondering what the other attending SNAr's are planning?  Anyone interested in meeting in the venue either mid-morning or lunch on Friday ?  I'm not sure what are the local food / drink venues at or near the event. 

23 minutes ago, joz said:

Without going into the city StKilda has a huge variety of food from up market to casual. Fitzroy st Acland st and the Esplande eateries are  only a good walk or short tram ride away.

The venue is directly over the road from the Grand Prix is run.

Not sure which day to have the GTG yet, Sat or Sun?

Probably Sunday?

Nothing written in stone but thought you'd locked in the Sunday arvo at your place - Joe.

Still heaps of time but think a Saturday dinner again near the show / City would be great, might look tentatively at what's available.

8 minutes ago, evil c said:

Nothing written in stone but thought you'd locked in the Sunday arvo at your place - Joe.

Still heaps of time but think a Saturday dinner again near the show / City would be great, might look tentatively at what's available.

yep -  that's what I thought as well.

5 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Going off what Franky-babe and I post in the alcohol threads, I cant imagine us going too far from our digs at St Kilda, haha!!

Hic.

once there ...will you make it to the show :D 

• Like 2